- 17 mars 2023Rubrik is latest victim of the Clop ransomware zero-day campaign
Rubrik, a cybersecurity company specializing in cloud data management, has revealed that some of its systems were infiltrated by the Clop ransomware group. Rubrik is one of many companies attacked by Clop via an infamous zero-day vulnerability in the GoAnywhere file transfer software. The attack began in February, according to its CEO Michael Mestrovich. « We detected unauthorized access to a …
- 17 mars 2023LockBit ransomware attacks Essendant
The LockBit ransomware group is claiming responsibility for taking down a US-based distributor of office products called Essendant. This attack, which is said to have begun on or around March 6, created severe ramifications for the organisation, disrupting freight carrier pickups, online orders, and access to customer support. As noted by Bleeping Computer, the original notification that something …
- 16 mars 2023Emotet adopts Microsoft OneNote attachments
Last week, Emotet returned after a three month absence when the botnet Epoch 4 started sending out malicious emails with malicious Office macros. While the extracted attachments were inflated to several hundred megabytes, it was surprising to see that Emotet persisted in using the same attack format. Indeed, Microsoft has been rolling out its initiative of auto-blocking macros from downloaded …
- 16 mars 2023Facebook illegally processed user data, says court
The Amsterdam court has ruled that Facebook illegally processed user data in a case started by the Dutch Data Privacy Stichting (DPS), a foundation that acts on behalf of victims of privacy violations in the Netherlands. According to the ruling, Facebook used personal data for advertising purposes in the period April 1, 2010, to January 1, 2020, when this was not allowed. The same ruling also says …
- 16 mars 2023Hackers threaten to leak STALKER 2 assets if devs don’t heed demands
Ukrainian game developer GSC Game World has announced it was breached by Russian hacktivists who stole assets related to the much-awaited game STALKER 2: Heart of Chernobyl. A message from GSC Game World team pic.twitter.com/rqRM0tFZmO — S.T.A.L.K.E.R. OFFICIAL (@stalker_thegame) March 12, 2023 According to GSC, the hacktivists accessed an employee’s image app account and sto …
- 16 mars 2023Ransomware attack hits ANOTHER school
In what is likely Vice Society’s handiwork, the UK’s largest state boarding school Wymondham College has announced it has become the victim of a « sophisticated cyberattack ». The school didn’t provide additional information, but Jonathan Taylor, chief of the school’s parent company Sapientia Education Trust, has revealed the school is yet to receive a ransom note. In an email to The Record, Ta …
- 15 mars 2023Update now! Microsoft fixes two zero-day bugs
Microsoft, and other vendors, have released their monthly updates. In total Microsoft has fixed a total of 101 vulnerabilities for several titles (including Edge), with two of them being actively exploited zero-days. On top of that, Adobe has fixed an actively exploited vulnerability in ColdFusion. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) database lists publicly disclosed computer security f …
- 14 mars 2023Clop ransomware is victimizing GoAnywhere MFT customers
According to information gathered by BleepingComputer, the Clop ransomware group has claimed responsibility for the ransomware attacks that are tied to a vulnerability in the Fortra GoAnywhere MFT secure file-sharing solution. As we reported on February 8, Fortra released an emergency patch (7.1.2) for an actively exploited zero-day vulnerability found in the GoAnywhere MFT administrator console. …
- 14 mars 2023Investment fraud overtakes business email compromise as most reported fraud
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has published its 2022 Internet Crime Report. One of the most notable points is that investment fraud has now overtaken business email compromise (BEC) as the most reported and most damaging type of fraud. The numbers are based on the complaints reported to the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3). The IC3 serves as a public resource t …
- 14 mars 2023"Just awful" experiment points suicidal teens at chatbot
After getting in hot water for using an AI chatbot to provide mental health counseling, non-profit startup Koko has now been criticized for experimenting with young adults at risk of harming themselves. Worse, the young adults were unaware they were test subjects. Motherboard reports the experiment took place between August and September 2022. At-risk subjects, aged 18 to …
- 17 mars 2023Banking turmoil opens opportunities for fraud – Week in security with Tony Anscombe
Scammers are looking to cash in on the chaos that has set in following the startling meltdowns of Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank and the crisis at Credit Suisse The post Banking turmoil opens opportunities for fraud – Week in security with Tony Anscombe appeared first on WeLiveSecurity …
- 17 mars 2023SVB’s collapse is a scammer’s dream: Don’t get caught out
How cybercriminals can exploit Silicon Valley Bank’s downfall for their own ends – and at your expense
The post SVB’s collapse is a scammer’s dream: Don’t get caught out appeared first on WeLiveSecurity
- 16 mars 2023Not‑so‑private messaging: Trojanized WhatsApp and Telegram apps go after cryptocurrency wallets
ESET researchers analyzed Android and Windows clippers that can tamper with instant messages and use OCR to steal cryptocurrency funds The post Not‑so‑private messaging: Trojanized WhatsApp and Telegram apps go after cryptocurrency wallets appeared first on WeLiveSecurity …
- 14 mars 2023The slow Tick‑ing time bomb: Tick APT group compromise of a DLP software developer in East Asia
ESET Research uncovered a campaign by APT group Tick against a data-loss prevention company in East Asia and found a previously unreported tool used by the group The post The slow Tick‑ing time bomb: Tick APT group compromise of a DLP software developer in East Asia appeared first on WeLiveSecurity …
- 13 mars 20235 signs you’ve fallen for a scam – and what to do next
Here’s how to know you have fallen victim to a scam – and what to do in order to undo or mitigate the damage.
The post 5 signs you’ve fallen for a scam – and what to do next appeared first on WeLiveSecurity
- 10 mars 2023APT hackers set a honeytrap to ensnare victims – Week in security with Tony Anscombe
A request to move an online conversation to a supposedly more secure platform may not be as well-meaning as it sounds The post APT hackers set a honeytrap to ensnare victims – Week in security with Tony Anscombe appeared first on WeLiveSecurity …
- 10 mars 2023Common WhatsApp scams and how to avoid them
Here’s a roundup of some of the most common tricks that fraudsters use to dupe their victims on WhatsApp – and what you can do to protect yourself against them.
The post Common WhatsApp scams and how to avoid them appeared first on WeLiveSecurity
- 8 mars 2023‘A woman from Mars’: Life in the pursuit of space exploration
An astrobiologist, analog astronaut, author and speaker, Dr. Michaela Musilova shares her experience as a woman at the forefront of space exploration and from her quest for scientific and personal excellence The post ‘A woman from Mars’: Life in the pursuit of space exploration appeared first on WeLiveSecurity …
- 7 mars 2023Love scam or espionage? Transparent Tribe lures Indian and Pakistani officials
ESET researchers analyze a cyberespionage campaign that distributes CapraRAT backdoors through trojanized and supposedly secure Android messaging apps – but also exfiltrates sensitive information The post Love scam or espionage? Transparent Tribe lures Indian and Pakistani officials appeared first on WeLiveSecurity …
- 3 mars 2023What does $5,000 buy you on a hacking forum? – Week in security with Tony Anscombe
A bootkit that ESET researchers have discovered in the wild is the BlackLotus UEFI bootkit that is being peddled on hacking forums The post What does $5,000 buy you on a hacking forum? – Week in security with Tony Anscombe appeared first on WeLiveSecurity …
- 14 mars 2023ESET Server Security for Microsoft Windows Server version 10.0 has been released
ESET Server Security for Microsoft Windows Server version 10.0 has been released and is available for download.
- 9 mars 2023ESET PROTECT hotfix version 10.0.14.1 has been released
ESET PROTECT hotfix version 10.0.14.1 has been released and is available for download.
- 2 mars 2023Apache HTTP Proxy 18.104.22.168 hotfix has been released
Apache HTTP Proxy 22.214.171.124 hotfix has been released and is available for download.
- 21 février 2023ESET PROTECT Cloud 4.2 has been released
ESET PROTECT Cloud 4.2 has been released.
- 15 février 2023ESET Cyber Security version 7.3.2100.0 has been released and is available to download.
ESET Cyber Security version 7.3.2100.0 has been released.
- 12 janvier 2023ESET PROTECT Cloud 4.1 has been released
ESET PROTECT Cloud 4.1 has been released.
- 11 janvier 2023ESET Security Management Center version 7.2 in End of Life
To upgrade your ESET product, perform an in-product upgrade or download the most recent version of ESET PROTECT.
- 22 décembre 2022ESET Inspect version 1.9.2404.0 has been released
ESET Inspect version 1.9.2404.0 has been released and is available to download.
- 10 novembre 2022ESET PROTECT 10.0 has been released
ESET PROTECT 10.0 has been released.
- 7 novembre 2022ESET PROTECT Cloud 4.0 has been released
ESET PROTECT Cloud 4.0 has been released.