- 27 novembre 2023 A week in security (November 20 – November 26)
Last week on Malwarebytes Labs: Windows Hello fingerprint authentication can be bypassed on popular laptops Citrix Bleed widely exploitated, warn government agencies Chrome pushes forward with plans to limit ad blockers in the future $19 Stanley cup deal is a Black Friday scam Malwarebytes consumer product roundup: The latest Explained: Privacy washing Nothing Chats pulled from Google Play How to …
- 24 novembre 2023 Windows Hello fingerprint authentication can be bypassed on popular laptops
Researchers have found several weaknesses in Windows Hello fingerprint authentication on Dell Inspiron 15, Lenovo ThinkPad T14, and Microsoft Surface Pro X laptops. Microsoft’s Offensive Research and Security Engineering (MORSE) asked the researchers to evaluate the security of the top three fingerprint sensors embedded in laptops. They found vulnerabilities that allowed them to completely bypass …
- 24 novembre 2023 Citrix Bleed widely exploited, warn government agencies
In a joint cybersecurity advisory, the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), along with other international agencies, warn that ransomware gangs are actively exploiting the Citrix Bleed vulnerability. Affiliates of at least two ransomware groups, LockBit and Medusa, have been observed exploiting Citrix Bleed as part of attacks agains …
- 23 novembre 2023 Chrome pushes forward with plans to limit ad blockers in the future
Google has announced it will shut down Manifest V2 in June 2024 and move on to Manifest V3, the latest version of its Chrome extension specification that has faced criticism for putting limits on ad blockers. Roughly said, Manifest V2 and V3 are the rules that browser extension developers have to follow if they want their extensions to get accepted into the Google Play Store. Manifest V2 is the ol …
- 23 novembre 2023 $19 Stanley cup deal is a Black Friday scam
Scammers never miss an opportunity to make a quick buck, and love to piggy back on the latest trends. So what better way to kick off the scamming season than by offering Black Friday sales on one of the most popular products around: a Stanley cup. We found an ad on Facebook offering a Stanley Quencher for the low price of $19: Facebook ad for Stanley Quenchers Normally these Stanley cups sell for …
- 22 novembre 2023 Malwarebytes consumer product roundup: The latest
At Malwarebytes, we’re constantly evolving to protect our customers. These days, our products don’t just protect you from malware, we protect your identity, defend you from ads, safeguard your social media, and keep your mobile safe too. Here are the innovations we’ve made in our products recently. Are you making the most of them? Malwarebytes Premium Windows Tamper / Uninstall Protection. This al …
- 22 novembre 2023 Explained: Privacy washing
Question: Who said the sentence below? “Privacy is at the heart of everything we do.” Answer: Sundar Pichai, the CEO of Alphabet and its largest subsidiary Google. And if you look at the recent actions Google has announced, you’d be tempted to take his word for it: An initiative to let Chrome hide your IP address. Strengthening the safeguard measures for Google Workspace customers. Changing data r …
- 21 novembre 2023 Nothing Chats pulled from Google Play
Sometimes it’s all in the name. The Nothing Chats beta has been pulled from the Google Play Store after reports that the company behind it has access to your (unencrypted) messages. Nothing Phone 2 owners were promised a first-of-its-kind app developed in partnership with Sunbird, which allowed them to message other iMessage users via blue bubbles on their Nothing Phone. And, as promised, the beta …
- 21 novembre 2023 How to stop fake System notifications on macOS
Scammers are abusing an Apple feature that allows websites to create push notifications that look like they’re coming from macOS, or apps. The notifications try to scare users into clicking a link with fake virus alerts or messages saying their account has been hacked. Years ago we warned our readers about the introduction of browser push notifications because we felt they were a feature wai …
- 21 novembre 2023 Why less is more: 10 steps to secure customer data
In an advisory aimed at the protection of customers’ personal data, the Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) has emphasized that businesses should only collect personal data from customers that they need in order to operate effectively. While that may seem like kicking in an open door, it’s really not. It’s relatively easy to decide which personal data you need to have for a new customer. It’s …
- 24 novembre 2023Telekopye's tricks of the trade – Week in security with Tony Anscombe
ESET’s research team reveals details about the onboarding process of the Telekopye scam operation and the various methods that the fraudsters use to defraud people online
- 23 novembre 2023Telekopye: Chamber of Neanderthals’ secrets
Insight into groups operating Telekopye bots that scam people in online marketplaces
- 22 novembre 2023Your voice is my password
AI-driven voice cloning can make things far too easy for scammers – I know because I’ve tested it so that you don’t have to learn about the risks the hard way.
- 21 novembre 2023Fuel for thought: Can a driverless car get arrested?
What happens when problems caused by autonomous vehicles are not the result of errors, but the result of purposeful attacks?
- 17 novembre 2023Safeguarding ports from the rising tide of cyberthreats – Week in security with Tony Anscombe
An attack against a port operator that ultimately hobbled some 40 percent of Australia’s import and export capacity highlights the kinds of supply chain shocks that a successful cyberattack can cause
- 10 novembre 2023Spyware disguised as a news app – Week in security with Tony Anscombe
The Urdu version of the Hunza News website offers readers the option to download an Android app – little do they know that the app is actually spyware
- 14 novembre 2023Level up! These games will make learning about cybersecurity fun
Discover six games that will provide valuable knowledge while turning learning about digital security into an enjoyable and rewarding adventure
- 13 novembre 2023Capture the flag: 5 websites to sharpen your hacking skills
Through engaging hacking challenges and competitions, CTFs offer an excellent opportunity to test and enhance your security and problem-solving skills
- 10 novembre 2023Cyber threat intelligence: Getting on the front foot against adversaries
By collecting, analyzing and contextualizing information about possible cyberthreats, including the most advanced ones, threat intelligence offers a critical method to identify, assess and mitigate cyber risk
- 9 novembre 2023Unlucky Kamran: Android malware spying on Urdu-speaking residents of Gilgit-Baltistan
ESET researchers discovered Kamran, previously unknown malware, which spies on Urdu-speaking readers of Hunza News
- 22 novembre 2023ESET Endpoint Security for Windows version 8.1.2057 has been released
ESET Endpoint Security for Windows version 8.1.2057 has been released and is available for download.
- 22 novembre 2023ESET Endpoint Security for Windows version 7.3.2061 has been released
ESET Endpoint Security for Windows version 7.3.2061 has been released and is available for download.
- 22 novembre 2023ESET Endpoint Security for Windows version 9.1.2066.0 has been released
ESET Endpoint Security for Windows version 9.1.2066.0 has been released and is available for download.
- 22 novembre 2023ESET Endpoint Security for Windows version 10.0.2049.0 has been released
ESET Endpoint Security for Windows version 10.0.2049.0 has been released and is available for download.
- 22 novembre 2023ESET introduces a new subscription system for home users
ESET introduces a new subscription system for all home customers with three new simplified subscription tiers.
- 15 novembre 2023ESET Windows home products version 17 have been released
ESET Windows home products version 17 have been released and are available for download.
- 2 novembre 2023ESET Inspect version 1.12 has been released
ESET Inspect version 1.12 has been released and is available for download.
- 31 octobre 2023ESET Endpoint Security for Windows version 10.1.2058.0 has been released
ESET Endpoint Security for Windows version 10.1.2058.0 has been released and is available for download.
- 10 octobre 2023ESET PROTECT Cloud 4.7 has been released
ESET PROTECT Cloud version 4.7 has been released.
- 5 octobre 2023ESET Connect version 2.0 has been released
ESET Connect version 2.0 released on October 2, 2023.