Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/cyberbu/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/rss-import/rssimport.php on line 490
Erreur: Il y a un erreur avec ce flux.
The Hackers News
- 15 avril 2021New WhatsApp Bugs Could've Let Attackers Hack Your Phone Remotely
Facebook-owned WhatsApp recently addressed two security vulnerabilities in its messaging app for Android that could have been exploited to execute malicious code remotely on the device and even exfiltrate sensitive information. The flaws take aim at devices running Android versions up to and including Android 9 by carrying out what’s known as a « man-in-the-disk » attack that makes it possible for …
- 14 avril 2021Simplify, then Add Lightness – Consolidating the Technology to Better Defend Ourselves
One of the biggest consequences of the rapidly evolving cybersecurity threat landscape is that defenses must constantly build bigger systems to defend themselves. This leads to both more complex systems and often less communication between them. More importantly, it can lead companies to invest in disparate “best in class” components instead of finding the best fit for their needs. The constant …
- 14 avril 2021Update Your Chrome Browser to Patch 2 New In-the-Wild 0-Day Exploits
- 15 avril 2021NSA Discovers New Vulnerabilities Affecting Microsoft Exchange Servers
In its April slate of patches, Microsoft rolled out fixes for a total of 114 security flaws, including an actively exploited zero-day and four remote code execution bugs in Exchange Server. Of the 114 flaws, 19 are rated as Critical, 88 are rated Important, and one is rated Moderate in severity. Chief among them is CVE-2021-28310, a privilege escalation vulnerability in Win32k that’s said to be …
- 13 avril 2021New NAME:WRECK Vulnerabilities Impact Nearly 100 Million IoT Devices
Security researchers have uncovered nine vulnerabilities affecting four TCP/IP stacks impacting more than 100 million consumer and enterprise devices that could be exploited by an attacker to take control of a vulnerable system. Dubbed « NAME:WRECK » by Forescout and JSOF, the flaws are the latest in series of studies undertaken as part of an initiative called Project Memoria to study the security …
- 13 avril 2021Hackers Using Website's Contact Forms to Deliver IcedID Malware
Microsoft has warned organizations of a « unique » attack campaign that abuses contact forms published on websites to deliver malicious links to businesses via emails containing fake legal threats, in what’s yet another instance of adversaries abusing legitimate infrastructure to mount evasive campaigns that bypass security protections. « The emails instruct recipients to click a link to review …
- 13 avril 2021Detecting the "Next" SolarWinds-Style Cyber Attack
The SolarWinds attack, which succeeded by utilizing the sunburst malware, shocked the cyber-security industry. This attack achieved persistence and was able to evade internal systems long enough to gain access to the source code of the victim. Because of the far-reaching SolarWinds deployments, the perpetrators were also able to infiltrate many other organizations, looking for intellectual …
- 13 avril 2021BRATA Malware Poses as Android Security Scanners on Google Play Store
A new set of malicious Android apps have been caught posing as app security scanners on the official Play Store to distribute a backdoor capable of gathering sensitive information. « These malicious apps urge users to update Chrome, WhatsApp, or a PDF reader, yet instead of updating the app in question, they take full control of the device by abusing accessibility services, » cybersecurity firm …
- 13 avril 2021RCE Exploit Released for Unpatched Chrome, Opera, and Brave Browsers
- 15 avril 2021Test-DEU-169665
President Biden has nominated Jen Easterly as the new director of CISA and is expected to nominate Chris Inglis as the first national cyber director.
- 14 avril 2021Thycotic & Centrify Merge to Form Cloud Identity Security Firm
The combined entity will expand on both companies’ privileged access management tools and expects to debut a new brand this year.
- 14 avril 2021CISA Urges Caution for Security Researchers Targeted in Attack Campaign
The agency urges researchers to take precautions amid an ongoing targeted threat campaign.
- 14 avril 2021FBI Operation Remotely Removes Web Shells From Exchange Servers
A court order authorized the FBI to remove malicious Web shells from hundreds of vulnerable machines running on-premises Exchange Server.
- 14 avril 2021The CISO Life Is Half as Good
Lora Vaughn was at a crossroads — and that was before mandated pandemic lockdowns came into play. Here’s her story of how life got sweeter after she stepped away from the CISO job.
- 14 avril 2021Bolstering Our Nation's Defenses Against Cybersecurity Attacks
Shawn Henry, former Executive Assistant Director of the FBI and current CrowdStrike president of services and CSO, shares the top three cybersecurity priorities that the Biden administration needs to address.
- 14 avril 2021Dependency Problems Increase for Open Source Components
The number of components in the average application rose 77% over two years. No wonder, then, that 84% of codebases have at least one vulnerability.
- 13 avril 2021DNS Vulnerabilities Expose Millions of Internet-Connected Devices to Attack
Researchers uncover a fresh set of nine vulnerabilities in four TCP/IP stacks that are widely used in everything from powerful servers and firewalls to consumer IoT products.
- 13 avril 2021NSA Alerted Microsoft to New Exchange Server Vulnerabilities
Microsoft today patched 114 CVEs to address the Exchange Server flaws, more than 50 remote code execution vulnerabilities, and one zero-day.
- 13 avril 2021Compromised Microsoft Exchange Server Used to Host Cryptominer
Researchers say an unknown attacker is targeting vulnerable Exchange Servers with a payload hosted on a compromised Exchange Server.
- 13 avril 2021WhatsApp flaw lets anyone lock you out of your account
An attacker can lock you out of the app using just your phone number and without requiring any action on your part
The post WhatsApp flaw lets anyone lock you out of your account appeared first on WeLiveSecurity
- 12 avril 2021Clubhouse in the spotlight after user records posted online
Reports of another trove of scraped user data add to the recent woes of popular social media platforms
The post Clubhouse in the spotlight after user records posted online appeared first on WeLiveSecurity
- 9 avril 2021Week in security with Tony Anscombe
Janeleiro banking trojan takes aim at Brazil – Lazarus deploys Vyveva backdoor in South Africa – The long shelf life of leaked data
- 9 avril 2021Data from 500 million LinkedIn accounts put up for sale
The treasure trove of data reportedly includes users’ LinkedIn IDs, full names, email addresses, phone numbers and workplace information
The post Data from 500 million LinkedIn accounts put up for sale appeared first on WeLiveSecurity
- 14 avril 2021Security Bug Allows Attackers to Brick Kubernetes Clusters
The vulnerability is triggered when a cloud container pulls a malicious image from a registry.
- 14 avril 2021Ransomware Attack Creates Cheese Shortages in Netherlands
Not a Gouda situation: An attack on a logistics firm is suspected to be related to Microsoft Exchange server flaw.
- 14 avril 2021FBI Clears ProxyLogon Web Shells from Hundreds of Orgs
In a veritable cyber-SWAT action, the Feds remotely removed the infections without warning businesses beforehand.
- 14 avril 2021A Post-Data Privacy World and Data-Rights Management
Joseph Carson, chief security scientist at Thycotic, discusses the death of data privacy and what comes next.
- 14 avril 2021100,000 Google Sites Used to Install SolarMarket RAT
Search-engine optimization (SEO) tactics direct users searching for common business forms such as invoices, receipts or other templates to hacker-controlled Google-hosted domains.
E Hacking News | Latest Hacker News and IT Security News
- 15 avril 2021Linux, MacOS Malware Hidden in Fake Browserify NPM Package
Over the course of the weekend, Sonatype’s automated malware detection system spotted a serious exceptional malware sample published to the NPM registry. NodeJS engineers working with Linux and Apple macOS operating systems were targeted by a brand-new malicious package recognized on the NPM (Node Package Manager) registry. The malignant package, named « web-browserify » looks like the well-kn …
- 14 avril 2021Banks have assessed the security of digital ruble payments
Major Russian banks are ready to take part in testing the digital ruble and have no doubt that it will be in demand among customersAccording to market participants, special attention should be paid to information security: digital rubles can be paid offline and, according to banks, such operations may become a tidbit for fraudsters.The Bank of Russia presented the idea of a digital ruble in mid-Oc …
- 14 avril 2021Cybercriminals Are Using Google URLs as a Weapon to Spread Malware
Security researchers at Microsoft warned the organizations of a new phishing campaign, they have been tracking activity where contact forms published on websites are exploited to send malicious links to organizations via emails containing fake legal threats. The emails direct recipients to click on a link to review supposed evidence behind their allegations, but are instead led to downloadin …
- 14 avril 2021Russian expert give tips on how to protect yourself from "eavesdropping" on your smartphone
A smartphone can « eavesdrop » on its owner, said information and computer security expert Sergei Vakulin. In an interview with Radio Sputnik, he explained who might need to record conversations and how to protect sensitive informationSome smartphone applications may record our conversations when we do not expect them to. Moreover, we ourselves provide them with this opportunity, giving them permiss …
- 14 avril 2021Research Study shows that 100 Million IOT Devices are at Risk
Forescout Research Labs has disclosed a new collection of DNS vulnerabilities in collaboration with JSOF, potentially impacting over 100 million consumer devices. The seemingly simple code that underpins how computers interact with the internet has identified a shocking number of vulnerabilities for researchers. As of now, there are 9 new vulnerabilities, including Internet of Things product …
- 3 avril 2021Hackers Setup Fake Cyber Security Firm To Target Security Researchers
Google’s Threat Analysis Group (TAG), a Google security team specialized in hunting advanced persistent threat (APT) groups, on Wednesday shared that a North Korean government-backed campaign is targeting cybersecurity researchers with malware via social media. For those unaware, in January 2021, TAG had disclosed a hacking campaign, targeting security researchers working on vulnerability research …
- 9 février 2021Hacker Increased Chemical Level In Florida City’s Water System
Hackers on Friday gained unauthorized entry into the computer system controlling a water treatment facility in the city of Oldsmar, Florida and sought to add a “dangerous level” of additive to the water supply, according to a report from the Tampa Bay Times. The incident first took place on February 5th at Oldsmar’s water treatment facility when around 8 a.m. a plant operator noticed someone rem …
- 22 octobre 2020Mysterious ‘Robin Hood’ Hackers Donate Stolen Money To Charities
A mysterious hacker group by the name ‘Darkside’ has donated stolen bitcoin money to two charitable organizations. The hackers who claim to have extorted millions of dollars from large profitable corporations via a ransomware attack said in a post on the dark web that they want to “make the world a better place”. In their dark web post, the Darkside hacker group posted two receipts of …
- 28 août 2020Elon Musk Confirms Russian Hackers Targeted Tesla Factory
Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk on Friday confirmed via Twitter that Tesla’s factory in Nevada was targeted by a Russian hacker, who tried to convince an employee of the company to install a virus in exchange for $1million. In a tweet, Musk wrote, “Much appreciated. This was a serious attack,” responding to a report on Teslarati. He said that the Nevada factory was the target of a “seriou …
- 6 août 2020Canon Hit By Maze Ransomware Attack, 10TB Of Data Allegedly Stolen
Canon, the Japanese camera giant, recently fell victim to a ransomware attack where over 10TB of photos, videos, and other data were stolen across multiple devices. The attack affected the company’s storage and email services, Microsoft Teams, as well as the U.S. version of its website. Following the incident, Canon’s IT service sent a company-wide notification indicating that it is experiencing …
GBHackers On Security
- 15 avril 2021Unpatched zero-day vulnerability Affecting Current Versions of Google Chrome & Microsoft Edge Published Online
In a daily investigating routine, a security researcher, Rajvardhan Agarwal from India has noted a new zero-day vulnerability code execution affecting major web browsers. According to the report, this new zero-day vulnerability is affecting the very new version of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and other Chromium-powered browsers like Opera and Brave. Rajvardhan noted that this [ …
- 14 avril 2021Hackers Abuse Website Contact Forms To Deliver Sophisticated IcedID Malware
The security researchers at Microsoft have recently detected that hackers are continuously abusing legitimate corporate contact forms to send phishing emails. The main motive of abusing and sending phishing emails to the enterprises so that the threat actors can threaten targeted enterprises with legitimate-looking lawsuits, and not only this but the threat actors also try […] The post Hacke …
- 13 avril 2021500,000 Huawei Users Infected with Joker Android Malware From Own Apps Store
In a report, Doctor Web’s analyst has pronounced that they have recently found Joker Android Malware, identified as multifunctional Trojans of the Android, in the official app store for Huawei devices, AppGallery. The Joker family encourages Android users to pay for all the mobile services, and according to the report, over 500,000 Huawei smartphone users […] The post 500,000 Hua …
- 12 avril 2021TOP 11 Deep Web Search Engine Alternative for Google and Bing 2021
Deep Web Search Engine is an alternative search engine when we need to search something, then Google or Bing will the first choice hit in mind suddenly. But unlike the Deep Web Search Engine, Google and Bing will not give all the Hidden information which is served under the Dark web. Google has the ability […] The post TOP 11 Deep Web Search Engine Alternative for Google and Bing 2021 appear …
- 11 avril 2021New Wormable Android Malware Disguised as a Netflix Tool Spreads Through WhatsApp Messages
Check Point Research (CPR) team has recently discovered a new Android malware that tricks the users into promising to provide them Netflix premium subscription for free. The malware that is in question is basically an app that is known as “FlixOnline,” and posing itself as a legitimate version of the streaming service, Netflix to trick […] The post New Wormable Android Malw …
Cyber Defense Magazine
- 14 avril 2021Expert publicly released Chromium-based browsers exploit demonstrated at Pwn2Own 2021
An Indian security researcher has published a proof-of-concept (PoC) exploit code for a vulnerability impacting Google Chrome and […] The post Expert publicly released Chromium-based browsers exploit demonstrated at Pwn2Own 2021 appeared first on Cyber Defense Magazine. …
- 13 avril 2021Cyberattacks could pose a material risk to water and sewer utilities
Fitch Ratings is warning that cyberattacks could pose a risk to water and sewer utilities potentially impacting their […] The post Cyberattacks could pose a material risk to water and sewer utilities appeared first on Cyber Defense Magazine. …
- 13 avril 2021Monetising Customer Data Without Their Knowledge Is Unethical and Must Stop By Sridhar Iyengar, MD, Zoho Europe
By Sridhar Iyengar, MD, Zoho Europe Large tech corporations have started turning into surveillance companies, tracking the behaviour […] The post Monetising Customer Data Without Their Knowledge Is Unethical and Must Stop By Sridhar Iyengar, MD, Zoho Europe appeared first on Cyber Defense Magazine. …
- 12 avril 2021This man was planning to kill 70% of Internet in a bomb attack against AWS
The FBI arrested a man for allegedly planning a bomb attack against Amazon Web Services (AWS) to kill […] The post This man was planning to kill 70% of Internet in a bomb attack against AWS appeared first on Cyber Defense Magazine. …
- 12 avril 2021How to provide both a Secure & Seamless Remote Onboarding Experience on a Regula Basis?
By Arif Mamedov, Ph.D., President of Regula Forensics, Inc. Onboarding is like a gateway, where you as a […] The post How to provide both a Secure & Seamless Remote Onboarding Experience on a Regula Basis? appeared first on Cyber Defense Magazine. …
- 18 novembre 2020How to install the noip2 on Ubuntu and run via systemd systemctl (noIP Dynamic Update Client)
This post attempts to fix that problem by installing required packages to run the make command, install noip2 binary, fix file permissions if missing, create an init.d script for service command, create a systemd file so that we can control it via systemd and finally enable it via systemctl. …
- 23 avril 2020Accessing ESXi console screen from an SSH session
I’ve had this issue many times where Firewall ports to iDrac, iLo or RSA were not open and I couldn’t access VMWare ESXi host’s setup screen (the yellow screen!) to change configuration or even restart it. In every cases, I had SSH access to the ESXi host but then I just couldn’t remember what command … …
- 23 avril 2020Accessing the RAID setup on an HP Proliant DL380 G7
When the HP Proliant DL380 G7 boots up the only displayed BIOS options are F9 for Setup, F11 for the boot disk menu, but neither other these take you to the RAID setup. To get to the RAID setup options, when the screen appears showing the F9 and F11 options press F8 every second or … …
- 7 octobre 2019Change IP address in packet capture file (faking IP)
I’m sure you bumped into situations where you needed to fake IP address in a capture file. This maybe required when you’re trying to send the capture file to someone that you don’t really share your real IP’s with or you just want to change cause you can. If you’ve tried this and looked around the interwebs, you’d surely know that there’s not many guides available and most people would just tell c …
- 25 septembre 2019SamSam Ransomware
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center (NCCIC) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) are issuing this activity alert to inform computer network defenders about SamSam ransomware, also known as MSIL/Samas.A. Specifically, this product shares analysis of vulnerabilities that cyber actors exploited to deploy this ransomware. In a …
- 11 janvier 2019New Wifi Hack Method, Easy and Workable on WPA/WPA2 Securities.
Looking for how to hack WiFi password OR WiFi hacking software?Well, a security researcher has revealed a new WiFi hacking technique that makes it easier for hackers to crack WiFi passwords of most modern routers.Discovered by the lead developer of the popular password-cracking tool Hashcat, Jens ‘Atom’ Steube, the new WiFi hack works explicitly against WPA/WPA2 wireless network protocols wit …
- 7 janvier 2019Bitcoin And Cryptocurrency Litigation : A Game Of Future
Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are gaining more attention as days pass. Aside from the advantages that cryptocurrencies have like anonymity and easy international transactions, people are enticed by the fact that it can become a good investment. Apart from trading bitcoins for cash, you can also use bitcoins to buy gift cards, book flights, and hotels, buy furnitu …
- 20 novembre 2018 Facebook Bug Could Have Exposed Your Private Information
Another security vulnerability has been reported in Facebook that could have allowed attackers to obtain certain personal information about users and their friends, potentially putting the privacy of users of the world’s most popular social network at risk.Discovered by cybersecurity researchers from Imperva, the vulnerability resides in the way Facebook search feature displays results for entered …
- 20 novembre 2018Instagram Bug : Passwords are in Plain Text
Instagram has recently patched a security issue in its website that might have accidentally exposed some of its users’ passwords in plain text.The company recently started notifying affected users of a security bug that resides in a newly offered feature called « Download Your Data » that allows users to download a copy of their data shared on the social media platform, including photos, comments, p …
- 19 mai 2018Inside one of the largest hacking conferences in Russia
Inside one of the largest hacking conferences in RussiaABC NewsWATCHHackers put their skills on display in Moscow conferenceEmailHundreds of aspiring hackers in Moscow faced off against one another earliest this week in different challenges.The event, called Positive Hack Days, is organized by the cybersecurity firm Positive Technologies. More than 4,000 people attended the cybersecurity conferenc …