Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/cyberbu/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/rss-import/rssimport.php on line 490
Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/cyberbu/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/rss-import/rssimport.php on line 490
Erreur: Il y a un erreur avec ce flux.
The Hackers News
- 9 août 202210 Credential Stealing Python Libraries Found on PyPI Repository
In what’s yet another instance of malicious packages creeping into public code repositories, 10 modules have been removed from the Python Package Index (PyPI) for their ability to harvest critical data points such as passwords and Api tokens. The packages « install info-stealers that enable attackers to steal developer’s private data and personal credentials, » Israeli cybersecurity firm Check
- 9 août 2022Chinese Hackers Targeted Dozens of Industrial Enterprises and Public Institutions
Over a dozen military-industrial complex enterprises and public institutions in Afghanistan and Europe have come under a wave of targeted attacks since January 2022 to steal confidential data by simultaneously making use of six different backdoors. Russian cybersecurity firm Kaspersky attributed the attacks « with a high degree of confidence » to a China-linked threat actor tracked by Proofpoint …
- 8 août 2022New Orchard Botnet Uses Bitcoin Founder’s Account Info to Generate Malicious Domains
A new botnet named Orchard has been observed using Bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto’s account transaction information to generate domain names to conceal its command-and-control (C2) infrastructure. « Because of the uncertainty of Bitcoin transactions, this technique is more unpredictable than using the common time-generated [domain generation algorithms], and thus more difficult to defend
- 8 août 2022The Benefits of Building a Mature and Diverse Blue Team
A few days ago, a friend and I were having a rather engaging conversation that sparked my excitement. We were discussing my prospects of becoming a red teamer as a natural career progression. The reason I got stirred up is not that I want to change either my job or my position, as I am a happy camper being part of Cymulate’s blue team. What upset me was that my friend could not grasp the idea
- 9 août 2022Researchers Uncover Classiscam Scam-as-a-Service Operations in Singapore
A sophisticated scam-as-a-service operation dubbed Classiscam has now infiltrated into Singapore, more than 1.5 years after expanding to Europe. « Scammers posing as legitimate buyers approach sellers with the request to purchase goods from their listings and the ultimate aim of stealing payment data, » Group-IB said in a report shared with The Hacker News. The cybersecurity firm called the
- 8 août 2022Meta Cracks Down on Cyber Espionage Operations in South Asia Abusing Facebook
Facebook parent company Meta disclosed that it took action against two espionage operations in South Asia that leveraged its social media platforms to distribute malware to potential targets. The first set of activities is what the company described as « persistent and well-resourced » and undertaken by a hacking group tracked under the moniker Bitter APT (aka APT-C-08 or T-APT-17) targeting
- 7 août 2022New IoT RapperBot Malware Targeting Linux Servers via SSH Brute-Forcing Attack
A new IoT botnet malware dubbed RapperBot has been observed rapidly evolving its capabilities since it was first discovered in mid-June 2022. « This family borrows heavily from the original Mirai source code, but what separates it from other IoT malware families is its built-in capability to brute force credentials and gain access to SSH servers instead of Telnet as implemented in Mirai, »
- 8 août 2022Hackers Exploit Twitter Vulnerability to Exposes 5.4 Million Accounts
Twitter on Friday revealed that a now-patched zero-day bug was used to link phone numbers and emails to user accounts on the social media platform. « As a result of the vulnerability, if someone submitted an email address or phone number to Twitter’s systems, Twitter’s systems would tell the person what Twitter account the submitted email addresses or phone number was associated with, if any, »
- 6 août 2022Slack Resets Passwords After a Bug Exposed Hashed Passwords for Some Users
Slack said it took the step of resetting passwords for about 0.5% of its users after a flaw exposed salted password hashes when creating or revoking shared invitation links for workspaces. « When a user performed either of these actions, Slack transmitted a hashed version of their password to other workspace members, » the enterprise communication and collaboration platform said in an alert on 4th …
- 7 août 2022Iranian Hackers Likely Behind Disruptive Cyberattacks Against Albanian Government
A threat actor working to further Iranian goals is said to have been behind a set of damaging cyberattacks against Albanian government services in mid-July 2022. Cybersecurity firm Mandiant said the malicious activity against a NATO state represented a « geographic expansion of Iranian disruptive cyber operations. » The July 17 attacks, according to Albania’s National Agency of Information Society …
- 8 août 202210 Malicious Code Packages Slither into PyPI Registry
The discovery adds to the growing list of recent incidents where threat actors have used public code repositories to distribute malware in software supply chain attacks.
- 8 août 2022Deepfakes Grow in Sophistication, Cyberattacks Rise Following Ukraine War
A rising tide of threats — from API exploits to deepfakes to extortionary ransomware attacks — is threatening to overwhelm IT security teams.
- 8 août 2022HYAS Infosec Announces General Availability of Cybersecurity Solution for Production Environments
HYAS Confront provides total visibility into your production environment, giving you insight into potential issues like cyber threats before they become problems.
- 8 août 2022We Have the Tech to Scale Up Open Source Vulnerability Fixes — Now It's Time to Leverage It
Q&A with Jonathan Leitschuh, inaugural HUMAN Dan Kaminsky Fellow, in advance of his upcoming Black Hat USA presentation.
- 8 août 2022What Adjustable Dumbbells Can Teach Us About Risk Management
A new workout leads to five smart lessons about the importance of converging security and fraud into a unified risk function.
- 8 août 2022Pipeline Operators Are Headed in the Right Direction, With or Without TSA's Updated Security Directives
A worsening threat landscape, increased digitization, and the long-term positive effects of modern security strategies are pushing critical infrastructure operators to do better.
- 5 août 2022What Worries Security Teams About the Cloud?
What issues are cybersecurity professionals concerned about in 2022? You tell us!
- 5 août 2022Genesis IAB Market Brings Polish to the Dark Web
As the market for initial access brokers matures, services like Genesis — which offers elite access to compromised systems and slick, professional services — are raising the bar in the underground economy.
- 5 août 2022A Ransomware Explosion Fosters Thriving Dark Web Ecosystem
For the right price, threat actors can get just about anything they want to launch a ransomware attack — even without technical skills or any previous experience.
- 5 août 2022Stolen Data Gives Attackers Advantage Against Text-Based 2FA
With names, email addresses, and mobile numbers from underground databases, one person in five is at risk of account compromise even with SMS two-factor authentication in place.
- 5 août 2022Develop a zero‑trust environment to protect your organization – Week in security with Tony Anscombe
Learn the basics of zero-trust, and how building a zero-trust environment can protect your organization. The post Develop a zero‑trust environment to protect your organization – Week in security with Tony Anscombe appeared first on WeLiveSecurity …
- 4 août 2022Don’t get singed by scammers while you’re carrying the torch for Tinder
Are you on Tinder? With 75 million monthly active users, you might be able to find the right one. However there are also traps you need to look out for. Read more about catfishing, sextortion, phishing and other practices used by scammers. The post Don’t get singed by scammers while you’re carrying the torch for Tinder appeared first on WeLiveSecurity …
- 2 août 2022Start as you mean to go on: the top 10 steps to securing your new computer
Whether you are getting ready for back-to-school season, getting new work laptop or fancying a new gamer’s pc, learn the steps to protect your new PC from cyberthreats. The post Start as you mean to go on: the top 10 steps to securing your new computer appeared first on WeLiveSecurity …
- 29 juillet 2022Music streaming platform victim of a crypto theft – Week in security with Tony Anscombe
Cybercriminals exploited a vulnerability to steal the equivalent of 18M$ from the NFT music streaming platform Audius, while other cyberthreats related to crypto makes the news. The post Music streaming platform victim of a crypto theft – Week in security with Tony Anscombe appeared first on WeLiveSecurity …
- 29 juillet 2022Staying safe online: How to browse the web securely
Learn to spot some of the threats that you can face while browsing online, and the best tips to stay safe on the web.
The post Staying safe online: How to browse the web securely appeared first on WeLiveSecurity
- 8 août 2022Phishers Swim Around 2FA in Coinbase Account Heists
Attackers are spoofing the widely used cryptocurrency exchange to trick users into logging in so they can steal their credentials and eventually their funds.
- 5 août 2022Open Redirect Flaw Snags Amex, Snapchat User Data
Separate phishing campaigns targeting thousands of victims impersonate FedEx and Microsoft, among others, to trick victims.
- 3 août 2022VMWare Urges Users to Patch Critical Authentication Bypass Bug
Vulnerability—for which a proof-of-concept is forthcoming—is one of a string of flaws the company fixed that could lead to an attack chain.
- 2 août 2022Universities Put Email Users at Cyber Risk
DMARC analysis by Proofpoint shows that institutions in the U.S. have among some of the poorest protections to prevent domain spoofing and lack protections to block fraudulent emails.
- 1 août 2022Securing Your Move to the Hybrid Cloud
Infosec expert Rani Osnat lays out security challenges and offers hope for organizations migrating their IT stack to the private and public cloud environments.
E Hacking News | Latest Hacker News and IT Security News
Erreur: Il y a un erreur avec ce flux.
GBHackers On Security
- 9 août 2022Beware of New Malware that Distributed through Compromised YouTube Accounts
Cyble Research Labs (CRL) specifies that the stealers such as PennyWise and RedLine are increasing and spreading through YouTube campaigns. In their analysis, they have identified more than 5,000 PennyWise Stealer executable samples in the last 3 months alone. The ‘PennyWise stealer’ is an evasive info stealer leveraging YouTube to infect users. It is built […] The post Beware of New Malware …
- 8 août 2022Masscan – World’s Fastest Scanner – Scan the Entire Internet in Under 6 Minutes
Masscan – Worlds fastest scanner can scan the entire Internet in under 6 minutes, transmitting 10 million packets per second. Masscan is an Internet-scale port scanner, useful for large-scale surveys of the Internet, or of internal networks. While the default transmit rate is only 100 packets/second, it can optional go as fast as 25 million […] The post Masscan – World …
- 8 août 2022Stegomalware Surge – Attackers Using File, Video, Image & Others To Hide Malware
A surge in the number of Stegomalware instances using Steganography has been reported recently by the cybersecurity experts at Cyble Research Labs. Steganography is mainly a method that entails concealing data inside of a normal message or file in a specific manner. The type of file it uses:- Text Image Video There is no doubt […] The post Stegomalware Surge – Attackers Usi …
- 8 août 2022Hackers Exploiting High-Severity Zimbra Flaw to Steal Email Account Credentials
Zimbra CVE-2022-27824 has been added to the CISA’s “Known Exploited Vulnerabilities” catalog as a new vulnerability. Hackers are actively exploiting it in attack activities, which indicates it is active in the hacking community. Unauthenticated threat actors are able to steal email account credentials in clear-text by exploiting this high-severity vulnerability. Using Zimbra Coll …
- 8 août 2022A New Remote Access Trojan Dubbed Woody Rat Delivered as Office Documents
The Threat Intelligence team of Malwarebytes discovered a new Remote Access Trojan called ‘Woody Rat’ that targets Russian entities by using lures in archive file format and Office documents leveraging the Follina vulnerability. Malwarbytes researchers stated that the threat actors aim to target a Russian aerospace and defense entity called ‘OAK’. Remote Access Trojan – […] The post A …
Cyber Defense Magazine
- 7 août 2022Cybersecurity: Why We’re Stronger Together
Advocating for greater security collaboration between businesses, law enforcement, and government By Nicole Mills, Exhibition Director at Infosecurity […] The post Cybersecurity: Why We’re Stronger Together appeared first on Cyber Defense Magazine. …
- 6 août 2022Great Power Brings Great Responsibility: How to Keep Cloud Databases Secure in an Uncertain World
By Bryan Alsdorf, Director of IT and Head of Information Security, MariaDB Corporation To paraphrase a mantra popularized […] The post Great Power Brings Great Responsibility: How to Keep Cloud Databases Secure in an Uncertain World appeared first on Cyber Defense Magazine. …
- 5 août 2022To Secure Saas, Combine Top Compliance Frameworks with An SSPM
The explosion in the number and variety of SaaS apps used by enterprises has created both opportunities and […] The post To Secure Saas, Combine Top Compliance Frameworks with An SSPM appeared first on Cyber Defense Magazine. …
- 4 août 2022Barriers To Entry Must Be Brought Down If More Women Are to Enter Cybersecurity
By Sydney Asensio, Head of Operations at 2020 Partners As a woman who has recently entered the cybersecurity […] The post Barriers To Entry Must Be Brought Down If More Women Are to Enter Cybersecurity appeared first on Cyber Defense Magazine. …
- 3 août 2022The greatest threat to our critical infrastructure: Fortune 1000 employees
A new SpyCloud report finds critical infrastructure companies struggle with password hygiene and rampant malware infections. By Joel […] The post The greatest threat to our critical infrastructure: Fortune 1000 employees appeared first on Cyber Defense Magazine. …
- 11 juin 2022Ubiquiti Dream Machine (UDM) – unable to connect to NBN
I don’t want the NBN ISP router running anymore and use Ubiquiti Dream Machine (UDM) instead. But when I try to remove ISP Router it and direct connect UDM to NBN, the connection fails. UDM is set for DHCP, only other options are PPOE (which requires credentials) and Static IP (I have a dynamic IP). … The post Ubiquiti Dream Machine (UDM) – unable to connect to NBN appeared first …
- 14 avril 2022Quick Snap Cheat Sheet for Ubuntu
Snaps are app packages for desktop, cloud and IoT that are easy to install, secure, cross‐platform and dependency‐free. Snaps are discoverable and installable from the Snap Store, the app store for Linux with an audience of millions. This post is a quick snap cheat sheet for Ubuntu that contains the commonly used snap commands, fixes … The post Quick Snap Cheat Sheet for Ubuntu appeared firs …
- 11 février 2022Bypass 40X Response Codes with dontgo403
Bypass 40X Response Codes with dontgo403 The post Bypass 40X Response Codes with dontgo403 appeared first on blackMORE Ops. …
- 27 janvier 2022Find Related Domains and Subdomains with assetfinder
assetfinder is a Go-based tool to find related domains and subdomains that are potentially related to a given domain from a variety of sources including Facebook, ThreatCrowd, Virustotal and more. assetfinder uses a variety of sources including those in the infosec space and social networks which can give relevant info: crt.sh certspotter hackertarget threatcrowd wayback … The post Find Rela …
- 30 novembre 2021Best ways to destroy Microsoft Windows
I take no responsibility for these collection of best ways to destroy Microsoft Windows! The post Best ways to destroy Microsoft Windows appeared first on blackMORE Ops. …
- 11 janvier 2019New Wifi Hack Method, Easy and Workable on WPA/WPA2 Securities.
Looking for how to hack WiFi password OR WiFi hacking software?Well, a security researcher has revealed a new WiFi hacking technique that makes it easier for hackers to crack WiFi passwords of most modern routers.Discovered by the lead developer of the popular password-cracking tool Hashcat, Jens ‘Atom’ Steube, the new WiFi hack works explicitly against WPA/WPA2 wireless network protocols wit …
- 7 janvier 2019Bitcoin And Cryptocurrency Litigation : A Game Of Future
Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are gaining more attention as days pass. Aside from the advantages that cryptocurrencies have like anonymity and easy international transactions, people are enticed by the fact that it can become a good investment. Apart from trading bitcoins for cash, you can also use bitcoins to buy gift cards, book flights, and hotels, buy furnitu …
- 20 novembre 2018 Facebook Bug Could Have Exposed Your Private Information
Another security vulnerability has been reported in Facebook that could have allowed attackers to obtain certain personal information about users and their friends, potentially putting the privacy of users of the world’s most popular social network at risk.Discovered by cybersecurity researchers from Imperva, the vulnerability resides in the way Facebook search feature displays results for entered …
- 20 novembre 2018Instagram Bug : Passwords are in Plain Text
Instagram has recently patched a security issue in its website that might have accidentally exposed some of its users’ passwords in plain text.The company recently started notifying affected users of a security bug that resides in a newly offered feature called « Download Your Data » that allows users to download a copy of their data shared on the social media platform, including photos, comments, p …
- 19 mai 2018Inside one of the largest hacking conferences in Russia
Inside one of the largest hacking conferences in RussiaABC NewsWATCHHackers put their skills on display in Moscow conferenceEmailHundreds of aspiring hackers in Moscow faced off against one another earliest this week in different challenges.The event, called Positive Hack Days, is organized by the cybersecurity firm Positive Technologies. More than 4,000 people attended the cybersecurity conferenc …