Les Affaires – Cyber sécurité
- Jusqu'à 500 millions de clients touchés par un piratage du groupe hôtelier Marriott 30 novembre 2018
Le géant mondial de l’hôtellerie Marriott a annoncé vendredi le piratage d’une base de données pouvant contenir les informations d’environ 500 millions de …
- Le compte Twitter du secrétaire au Trésor américain piraté? 29 novembre 2018
Le secrétaire américain au Trésor Steven Mnuchin a été contraint mercredi de supprimer un tweet envoyé par une personne inconnue qui a eu un …
- Le PDG de Google devant le Congrès américain le 5 décembre 28 novembre 2018
Le PDG de Google, Sundar Pichai, témoignera lors d’une audition au Congrès la semaine prochaine où les parlementaires américains l’interpelleront sur la …
- É-U: deux inculpations pour des cyberattaques contre des hôpitaux 28 novembre 2018
Deux Iraniens ont été inculpés aux États-Unis pour avoir attaqué depuis l’Iran les systèmes informatiques de villes et d’institutions …
- Des employés de Google rejettent le projet de moteur de recherche en Chine 27 novembre 2018
Une centaine d’employés de Google ont publiquement exigé mardi que le géant d’internet abandonne un projet de moteur de recherche en Chine respectant les règles …
- Google accusé de manipulation pour espionner des utilisateurs 27 novembre 2018
Sept organisations européennes de consommateurs ont saisi mardi des régulateurs nationaux en reprochant à Google de manipuler ses utilisateurs pour «espionner» …
- Protéger votre entreprise des cybermenaces 7 novembre 2018
Vol de données, fraude, piratage informatique, rançongiciel… Savez-vous que chaque jour votre entreprise peut être confrontée …
- La cybersécurité, une opportunité ? 3 octobre 2018
- Cyberattaques: l'escalade continue 17 novembre 2016
L’énorme panne informatique du 21 octobre dernier, une cyberattaque qui a paralysé quelques dizaines des sites Web parmi les plus …
- Faire des affaires en ligne à l'ère du président Trump 17 novembre 2016
L’élection de Donald Trump à la présidence américaine ne calmera pas le secteur déjà chaud de la cybersécurité. On peut …
- Cinq façons de préparer votre entreprise face aux cybermenaces 17 novembre 2016
Elles sont nombreuses, elles sont partout… mais elles peuvent être déjouées assez simplement. Qu’il s’agisse de protéger ses données …
- Cyberattaques: l'escalade continue 17 novembre 2016
- The Iran Hacks Cybersecurity Experts Feared May Be Here 18 décembre 2018
An uptick in potentially Iran-related hacking since the nuclear deal collapsed spells trouble for the US and allies.
- Twitter Abuse Toward Women Is Rampant, Amnesty Report Says 18 décembre 2018
Frustrated by Twitter’s silence on abuse, Amnesty International crowdsources its own data and finds that the platform is especially toxic for black women.
- Russia's IRA Targeted Black Americans, Exploiting Racial Tensions 17 décembre 2018
A new report documents how the Internet Research Agency had a much more sustained, deliberate focus on black Americans.
- How Instagram Became the Russian IRA's Go-To Social Network 17 décembre 2018
A Senate report finds that Russia’s Internet Research Agency was far more active, and more successful, on Instagram in 2017 than on Facebook or Twitter.
- How Russian Trolls Used Meme Warfare to Divide America 17 décembre 2018
A new report for the Senate exposes how the IRA used every major social media platform to target voters before and after the 2016 election.
- Facebook or YouTube Down? What We All Do When Sites Crash 17 décembre 2018
What happens when Instagram glitches or Slack stalls? Spoiler: We don’t log off—we just scurry off to different (sometimes darker) corners of the web.
- A Complete Guide to All 17 (Known) Trump and Russia Investigations 17 décembre 2018
The investigation into Russian interference and Donald Trump has sprung so many offshoots, it’s hard to keep track. Here’s a comprehensive list. It’s long.
- Taylor Swift's Facial Recognition, the Year's Worst Passwords, and More Security News This Week 15 décembre 2018
Chinese hackers targeting the Navy, charity scammers, and more security news this week.
- Facebook Exposed 6.8 Million Users' Photos to Cap Off a Terrible 2018 14 décembre 2018
In the latest in its long string of 2018 incidents, Facebook let developers access the private photos of millions of users.
- At a New York Privacy Pop-Up, Facebook Sells Itself 14 décembre 2018
The one-day pop-up kiosk is meant to show that Facebook takes users’ privacy concerns seriously. It also was an opportunity to gather more data.
- Germany’ BSI chief says ‘No Evidence’ of Huawei spying 18 décembre 2018
The head of Germany’s BSI admitted that since now there is no proof espionage activity conducted through Huawei technology. US first, and many other countries after, have decided to ban network equipment manufactured by the Chinese telecom giant Huawei. In November 2018, the Wall Street Journal reported that the US Government is urging its allies, including Germany, to exclude Huawei from cr …
- Twitter fixed a bug that could have exposed Direct Messages to third-party apps 17 décembre 2018
Researcher Terence Eden discovered that the permissions dialog when authorizing certain apps to Twitter could expose direct messages to the third-party. The flaw is triggered when apps that require a PIN to complete the authorization process instead of the using the OAuth protocol. The expert discovered that some permissions such as that to access direct messages, remained hidden to the Twitter us …
- Cyber attack hit the Italian oil and gas services company Saipem 13 décembre 2018
Some of the servers of the Italian oil and gas services company Saipem were hit by a cyber attack early this week. Saipem has customers in more than 60 countries, including Saudi Arabian oil and gas giant Saudi Aramco. It could be considered a strategic target for a broad range of threat actors. The attack has been identified out of India on Monday and primarily affected the servers in the Middle …
- RSA® CONFERENCE ANNOUNCES INITIAL 2019 KEYNOTE SPEAKERS 12 décembre 2018
Information on additional speakers and session content coming in the new year BEDFORD, MA – Dec. 12, 2018 – RSA Conference, the world’s leading information security conferences and expositions, today announces its initial line-up of keynote speakers for the 2019 Conference, which begins Monday, March 4 and runs through Friday, March 8 in San Francisco, CA. The keynote program will culminate with a …
- News Alert: December Patch Tuesday 11 décembre 2018
Updates for Windows, Office, .Net Framework, Adobe, Firefox and More by Chris Goettl, Director of Product Management, Security, Ivanti If you saw the Patch Tuesday forecast for December, the reality turned out to be fairly close to what I predicted. There are only a few surprises and additional concerns to note. December Patch Tuesday Summary: Microsoft released a total of 17 updates resolving 39 …
- WordPress botnet composed of +20k installs targets other sites 11 décembre 2018
Experts from security firm Wordfence discovered a Botnet of 20,000 WordPress Sites Infecting other WordPress installs. Experts from security firm Wordfence uncovered a botnet composed of over 20,000 WordPress sites that is being used to compromise other websites running on the popular CMS and recruit them. “The threat actors (hackers) use a group of four command and control (C2) servers to s …
- Risk Management of Third-Party Vendors: The Devil is in the Details 10 décembre 2018
Third-party vendors are critical assets to business practices. However, without the proper risk assessment policies in place, they can also represent some of the largest potential threats to an organization’s security posture. In fact, many of the famous data breaches (e.g., Target in 2013) originated through third-party vendor access. For this reason, security teams must efficiently manage vendor …
- Evidence in Marriott’s subsidiary Starwood hack points out to China intel 10 décembre 2018
According to a report published by the Reuters, the massive Marriott data breach was carried out by Chinese state-sponsored hackers. According to the Reuters, people investigating the Marriot data breach believe that it is the result of a cyberattack carried out by Chinese hackers. Last week Marriott International announced that hackers compromised guest reservation database at its subsidiary Star …
- Email accounts of top NRCC officials were hacked in 2018 7 décembre 2018
Threat actors had access to the email accounts of at least four NRCC aides and spied on thousands of sent and received emails for several months. The email system at the National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC), the Republican Party’s campaigning arm, was hacked. The news was first reported by Politico, later the committee admitted the intrusion and confirmed that attackers had acc …
- Bug Bounty Hackers Bill Introduced into the US Senate 7 décembre 2018
A bipartisan pair of US Senators introduced a bill that would require the US Department of Homeland Security to create an ongoing program to allow security experts to report bugs on agency websites. The Public-Private Cybersecurity Cooperation Act, introduced Thursday by Sen. Rob Portman, R-Ohio, and Maggie Hassan, D-N.H., requires Homeland Security to create a vulnerability disclosure program so …
- 3 ways Mastercard uses AI to fight fraud 3 décembre 2018
Credit card giant Mastercard envisions a future where consumers make purchases not only from smartphones, but via virtual assistants, cars and other connected machines. But with hackers trolling the dark corners of the web to grab financial gain with minimal effort, Mastercard must also be able to vet and secure purchases in mere milliseconds.To facilitate its vision for a veritable Cambrian explo …
- Get 90% Off Your First Year of RemotePC, Up To 50 Computers for $6.95 13 novembre 2018
iDrive has activated a significant discount on their Remote access software RemotePC in these days leading into Black Friday. RemotePC by iDrive is a full-featured remote access solution that lets you connect to your work, home or office computer securely from anywhere, and from any iOS or Android device. Right now, their 50 computer package is 90% off or just $6.95 for your 1st year. If you’ve be …
- IDG Contributor Network: Unique collaboration turned a governor’s vision of a cyber center into reality 25 octobre 2018
A recent McKinsey article states that cyberattacks are costly, and they appear to be broadening in scope. Every corporate boardroom and even federal, state and local government agencies are discussing how to avert cyber threats. The State of Georgia is addressing this issue.Governor Nathan Deal announced his vision for a Cyber Center in his State of the State Address on January 11, 2017. It was mo …
- IDG Contributor Network: Lack of C-suite collaboration hampering cybersecurity, report finds 9 octobre 2018
Today’s businesses depend on constant, intimate digital relationships with suppliers, partners, and customers to remain top of mind and competitive. Intelligent technologies and big data often play a critical role across business operations—from C-suite decision-making to generating customized offers for online shoppers. Countless terabytes of data are stored in the cloud and more work is performe …
- The 6 best password managers 25 mai 2017
Thanks to the continuous barrage of high-profile computer security scares and reports of cloud-scale government snooping, more of us Internet users are wising up about the security of our information. One of the smarter moves we can make to protect ourselves is to use a password manager. It’s one of the easiest too.A password manager is an excellent first step in securing your online identity, hel …
- Network monitoring tools: Features users love and hate 1 mai 2017
Managing the health of the corporate network will directly affect the productivity of every user of that network. So network administrators need a robust network monitoring tool that helps them manage the network, identify problems before they cause downtime, and quickly resolve issues when something goes wrong.Five of the top network monitoring products on the market, according to users in the IT …
- Fight firewall sprawl with AlgoSec, Tufin, Skybox suites 10 avril 2017
New and innovative security tools seem to be emerging all the time, but the frontline defense for just about every network in operation today remains the trusty firewall. They aren’t perfect, but if configured correctly and working as intended, firewalls can do a solid job of blocking threats from entering a network, while restricting unauthorized traffic from leaving.The problem network administr …
- Backup software features that IT managers love and hate 5 avril 2017
With corporate data more important than ever, selecting the best data backup and recovery software for the organization would be a career-enhancing move. According to online reviews by enterprise users in the IT Central Station community, three of the top backup and recovery products on the market are Veeam Backup, HP Enterprise’s Data Protector, and Altaro VM Backup. What do enterprise users real …
- Zix wins 5-vendor email encryption shootout 13 mars 2017
Email encryption products have made major strides since we last looked at them nearly two years ago. They have gotten easier to use and deploy, thanks to a combination of user interface and encryption key management improvements, and are at the point where encryption can almost be called effortless on the part of the end user. Our biggest criticism in 2015 was that the products couldn’t cover mult …
- 5 open source security tools too good to ignore 21 février 2017
Open source is a wonderful thing. A significant chunk of today’s enterprise IT and personal technology depends on open source software. But even while open source software is widely used in networking, operating systems, and virtualization, enterprise security platforms still tend to be proprietary and vendor-locked. Fortunately, that’s changing. If you haven’t been looking to open source to help …
- Why cryptojacking will become an even larger problem in 2019 18 décembre 2018
Cryptojacking was the runaway security problem in 2018, damaging devices in cybercriminals’ pursuit of profits. As cryptocurrency prices fall, 2019 could see more attacks.
- Why 2019 will introduce stricter privacy regulation 18 décembre 2018
Privacy regulation is a complex topic with ever-changing parameters and requirements. Read some predictions for what’s coming in 2019.
- Brute force and dictionary attacks: A cheat sheet 17 décembre 2018
Brute force encryption and password cracking are dangerous tools in the wrong hands. Here’s what cybersecurity pros need to know to protect enterprises against brute force and dictionary attacks.
- Brute force attacks: How to protect your business 17 décembre 2018
Cracking encryption is supposed to take forever, right? Not if an attacker knows what they’re doing.
- 5 biggest IoT security failures of 2018 17 décembre 2018
The ubiquity of internet-connected devices has seen a proportional increase in security failures. Here’s the most egregious IoT security failures of 2018.
- Were your private photos exposed due to Facebook's security bug? 17 décembre 2018
Here’s how to tell if you were one of the 6.8 million Facebook users whose private photos could have been accessed by third-party apps.
- Here's how NPM plans to improve security and reliability in 2019 17 décembre 2018
NPM is working to course-correct after 2018 brought a handful of major incidents that caused usability and security headaches for system administrators.
- 2019 cloud security predictions 14 décembre 2018
The smart attack era is upon us. Learn how AI, machine learning, IT process automation and a bit of common sense will help our cloud security.
- Google is reading text in YouTube videos for search crawling without user consent 14 décembre 2018
Videos uploaded as private or unlisted are subject to being crawled, but Google’s documentation does not acknowledge this behavior at all.
- The biggest phishing attacks of 2018 and how companies can prevent it in 2019 13 décembre 2018
Phishing attacks flourished in 2018, but organizations can protect themselves with the three tips below.
- NASA discloses data breach 19 décembre 2018
Hack took place in October 2018. Agency still doesn’t know the number of impacted employees.
- DOD doesn't keep track of duplicate or obsolete software 18 décembre 2018
July 2018 memorandum says DOD has yet to report over 30 percent of its software inventory.
- Remove yourself from the internet and erase your online presence 18 décembre 2018
Here is a step-by-step guide to reducing your digital footprint online, whether you want to lock down data or vanish entirely.
- Researchers slam Hola VPN over absent encryption, user IP leaks 18 décembre 2018
Updated: Trend Micro users will now receive a warning over the use of Hola as « unwanted » and risky software.
- New machine learning algorithm breaks text CAPTCHAs easier than ever 18 décembre 2018
Algorithm tested against the text CAPTCHA systems used on 33 popular websites.
- Google announces crackdown on Play Store ratings and reviews 18 décembre 2018
Company said it removes millions of Play Store reviews and ratings on a weekly basis.
- WSJ website defaced by PewDiePie fan in ongoing YouTube subscribers battle 18 décembre 2018
Hacker posts apology on WSJ site and then urges users to follow the YouTube star.
- Twitter discloses suspected state-sponsored attack 18 décembre 2018
Twitter says data leak occurred after an attack targeting a vulnerability in its support form system.
- Insider awarded $10,000 bounty for reporting enterprise software piracy 17 décembre 2018
It is no longer just the average consumer that might wind up in court for using pirated software.
- PewDiePie printer hacker strikes again: subscribe and sort out your security 17 décembre 2018
The attacker told users to sort out their printer security — and subscribe to the vlogger « overlord, » too.
Cyber defense magazine