Les Affaires – Cyber sécurité
- 10 décembre 2018Protéger votre entreprise des cybermenaces
Vol de données, fraude, piratage informatique, rançongiciel… Savez-vous que chaque jour votre entreprise peut être confrontée …
- 30 novembre 2018Jusqu'à 500 millions de clients touchés par un piratage du groupe hôtelier Marriott
Le géant mondial de l’hôtellerie Marriott a annoncé vendredi le piratage d’une base de données pouvant contenir les informations d’environ 500 millions de …
- 29 novembre 2018Le compte Twitter du secrétaire au Trésor américain piraté?
Le secrétaire américain au Trésor Steven Mnuchin a été contraint mercredi de supprimer un tweet envoyé par une personne inconnue qui a eu un …
- 28 novembre 2018Le PDG de Google devant le Congrès américain le 5 décembre
Le PDG de Google, Sundar Pichai, témoignera lors d’une audition au Congrès la semaine prochaine où les parlementaires américains l’interpelleront sur la …
- 28 novembre 2018É-U: deux inculpations pour des cyberattaques contre des hôpitaux
Deux Iraniens ont été inculpés aux États-Unis pour avoir attaqué depuis l’Iran les systèmes informatiques de villes et d’institutions …
- 27 novembre 2018Des employés de Google rejettent le projet de moteur de recherche en Chine
Une centaine d’employés de Google ont publiquement exigé mardi que le géant d’internet abandonne un projet de moteur de recherche en Chine respectant les règles …
- 27 novembre 2018Google accusé de manipulation pour espionner des utilisateurs
Sept organisations européennes de consommateurs ont saisi mardi des régulateurs nationaux en reprochant à Google de manipuler ses utilisateurs pour «espionner» …
- 3 octobre 2018La cybersécurité, une opportunité ?
- 17 novembre 2016Cyberattaques: l'escalade continue
L’énorme panne informatique du 21 octobre dernier, une cyberattaque qui a paralysé quelques dizaines des sites Web parmi les plus …
- 17 novembre 2016Faire des affaires en ligne à l'ère du président Trump
L’élection de Donald Trump à la présidence américaine ne calmera pas le secteur déjà chaud de la cybersécurité. On peut …
- 17 novembre 2016Cinq façons de préparer votre entreprise face aux cybermenaces
Elles sont nombreuses, elles sont partout… mais elles peuvent être déjouées assez simplement. Qu’il s’agisse de protéger ses données …
- 17 novembre 2016Cyberattaques: l'escalade continue
- 30 septembre 2020Trump Pushed 11 False Claims About Voting in 8 Minutes During the Debate
The president’s assault on electoral integrity threatens to undermine the democratic process. We unpack each falsehood, mischaracterization, and lie.
- 30 septembre 2020Trump and the Limits of Content Moderation
The president’s televised encouragement of white supremacy and political violence was a reminder that social media didn’t create these problems.
- 29 septembre 2020'Where Law Ends' Review: How the Mueller Investigation Fell Flat
Prosecutor Andrew Weissmann’s Where Law Ends doesn’t fill the hole at the center of the Trump-Russia probe, but does help explain why it’s there.
- 28 septembre 2020A Ransomware Attack Has Struck a Major US Hospital Chain
“All computers are completely shut down,” one Universal Health Services employee told WIRED.
- 28 septembre 2020The Election Threats That Keep US Intelligence Up at Night
Government officials have increasingly sounded alarms on the risks of foreign interference and disinformation campaigns leading up to—and after—November 3.
- 27 septembre 2020The Android 11 Privacy and Security Features You Should Know
Many of the updates to Google’s mobile OS are behind the scenes—but they can help you control your app permissions and keep your data safe.
- 26 septembre 2020Windows XP Source Code Got Leaked All Over the Internet
Plus: A cruel phishing test, ransomware hits Russia, and more of the week’s top security news.
- 25 septembre 2020The Best Chrome Extensions to Prevent Creepy Web Tracking
Ad trackers follow you everywhere online—but it doesn’t have to be that way.
- 24 septembre 2020Facebook Busts Russian Disinfo Networks as US Election Looms
The campaigns primarily targeted countries outside the US. But the same mechanisms could be used in “hack and leak” operations like those that roiled the 2016 campaign.
- 24 septembre 2020Inside the Twitter Hack—and What Happened Next
On July 15, a massive Twitter hack rocked the inside and out. On Election Day, that’s not an option.
- 28 septembre 2020Cyber Liability Insurance – Safe Bet or Sales Gimmick?
By Darren T. Kimura, Spin Technology The threat of ransomware is rising rapidly. Each day, we see more stories about companies overtaken by this type of cyberattack. Garmin and Canon, two well-known consumer brands, are the most recent examples of organizations that paid large sums of money to criminal organizations to regain access to their […] The post Cyber Liability Insurance – Safe Bet …
- 27 septembre 2020Mapping Automation to the MITRE ATT&CK Framework
By Chris Calvert, vice president, product strategy, and co-founder Respond Software As major enterprises race to digitize their IT and line of business infrastructures, cybersecurity has become an imperative, both from a business and regulatory perspective. Yet these same forces of digitization and the rise of software have proliferated vulnerable points of access to sensitive […] The post M …
- 26 septembre 2020Automotive Cybersecurity Is Not One-Size-Fits-All. Here’s How Oems And Tier 1s Can Tailor Their Approach to Meet the Needs of The Market
OEMs, Tier 1s, and key supply chain players all differ in their approach to cybersecurity, opting for strategies that align specifically with their needs. Chief Product and Marketing Officer Nathaniel Meron outline the benefits of visibility-first cybersecurity, and how this new approach will allow for intentional, tailor-made cybersecurity policies based on individual needs. By Nathaniel [… …
- 25 septembre 2020Privacy Shield Revoked
What This Means for EU-US Commercial Data Transfers By Dan Piazza, Technical Product Manager, Stealthbits Technologies On July 16th, the European Court of Justice (ECJ) struck down the EU-US data privacy agreement named Privacy Shield, which many organizations rely on to transfer data between the EU and the U.S. Privacy Shield was enacted in 2016 […] The post Privacy Shield Revoked appeared …
- 24 septembre 2020Manual vs. Automatic Cybersecurity Testing: What’s the Difference?
By Tamir Shriki, Customer Operations Manager, XM Cyber In the context of cybersecurity, if you want to protect something, you need the ability to test its defenses. It’s the only way to maintain visibility into the true state of your security posture. The key question, however, is this: How does one get the best and […] The post Manual vs. Automatic Cybersecurity Testing: What’s …
- 23 septembre 2020German investigators blame Russian DoppelPaymer gang for deadly hospital attack
The investigation of German authorities on the recent attack on the Dusseldorf hospital reveals the possible involvement of Russian hackers. Last week, German authorities revealed that a cyber attack hit a major hospital in Duesseldorf, the Duesseldorf University Clinic, and a woman who needed urgent admission died after she had to be taken to another […] The post German investigators blame …
- 23 septembre 20205 Ways to Avoid Security Automation Pitfalls
By Joe Partlow, CTO at ReliaQuest Amid an enterprise attack surface that is more complex than ever, many security teams have turned to automation to boost threat detection and response. When implemented correctly, security automation can help increase visibility and control over an ever-expanding environment and across the entire security lifecycle. One of automation’s major […] The post 5 W …
- 22 septembre 2020Mozi Botnet is responsible for most of the IoT Traffic
The Mozi botnet accounted for 90% of the IoT network traffic observed between October 2019 and June 2020, IBM reported. Mozi is an IoT botnet that borrows the code from Mirai variants and the Gafgyt malware, it appeared on the threat landscape in late 2019. The Mozi botnet was spotted by security experts from 360 […] The post Mozi Botnet is responsible for most of the IoT Traffic appeared fi …
- 22 septembre 2020Weaknesses of Biometric Authentication
By Mark Perkins, MS, CISSP, IT Manager In today’s digital world, knowing who is on the other end of the wire is more important than ever. The democratization of digital technology and proliferation of Internet access, in addition to the transformation from physical to virtual, has created a new era of criminal activity. Currency, for […] The post Weaknesses of Biometric Authentication appe …
- 21 septembre 2020Media Content Captured on Mobile Is Driving Compliance Problems
Photos, Videos, and Other Multi-Media Content Captured by Employees Are Easily Shared and Rarely Governed By Josh Bohls, CEO, Inkscreen Recent headlines are once again demonstrating the consequences of employees’ inappropriate leaking photos from mobile devices, and are shedding new light on a problem that security and compliance experts have warned about for years. Multimedia […] The …
- 24 septembre 2020SAP ASE leaves sensitive credentials in installation logs
Two vulnerabilities in SAP ASE’s Cockpit component leaves some sensitive information available to anyone on the network and other data susceptible to brute-force attacks.
- 10 septembre 2020Returning to the workplace: IT’s role
When the pandemic hit the U.S. with a vengeance, most companies made on-the-fly decisions to shut down the workplace, forcing employees to make the switch to work from home with little to no warning. Ensuring that everyone had the right equipment and the ability to connect to the corporate networks – and do so securely – in a matter of hours was a challenge for IT and security teams. It was, safe …
- 10 septembre 2020Towards smarter security
What is your number one priority?
- 28 août 2020Inside Adobe's employee-focused COVID-19 response roadmap
When faced with the COVID-19 crisis earlier this year, Adobe’s IT organization, like many others, acted quickly to shift the entire company to a work-from-home situation. For us that meant moving the entire Adobe workforce of more than 22,000 global employees over a single weekend. The pandemic also forced us to focus more critically on such things as collaboration strategies, security, and the em …
- 24 août 2020A 10-point plan for addressing WFH cybersecurity challenges
“How should we adapt our cybersecurity controls to address the new WFH reality? » This question is top-of-mind for CIOs and security executives. When it comes to cybersecurity in the post-COVID era, every CIO needs an answer to three key questions:To read this article in full, please click here(Insider Story) …
- 10 août 2020How secure are your AI and machine learning projects?
Artificial intelligence and machine learning bring new vulnerabilities along with their benefits. Here’s how experts minimized their risk.
- 4 août 2020Bracing for the security data explosion
Organizations must prepare for collecting, processing, analyzing, and acting upon terabytes of security data.(Insider Story)
- 14 juillet 2020Critical flaw allows hackers to breach SAP systems with ease
SAP NetWeaver Application Server Java vulnerability can be exploited without authentication and lead to complete system takeover. Patch now.
- 9 juillet 2020What is the Risk Management Framework (RMF)? A standardized security framework
The Risk Management Framework (RMF) was developed and published by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in 2010 and later adopted by the Department of Defense (DoD) to act as criteria for strengthening and standardizing the risk management process of information security organizations. The framework can be used by nearly any company interested in bolstering cybersecurity and r …
- 1 juillet 2020Ellie Mae turns to AI for autonomous threat hunting
In the information security field, bad actors have the advantage: They play proactive offense while security is generally reactive in defense. To take a more proactive footing, some organizations have been adopting threat intelligence, a security practice that involves sifting through data to identify advanced persistent threats (APTs) before attacks occur. Firms such as Ellie Mae, which provides …
- 30 septembre 2020Account takeover fraud rates skyrocketed 282% over last year
ATO is the weapon of choice for fraudsters leading up to the holiday shopping season, new data from Sift shows, and consumers place account security burden on businesses.
- 30 septembre 2020The state of security and the evolving role of CISOs in a pandemic
Cybersecurity leaders discuss business resiliency and identity challenges during a session at VMworld 2020.
- 30 septembre 2020Microsoft releases Digital Defense Report detailing increasingly advanced cyberattacks
There’s been a surge in cybersecurity activity as companies continue to operate remotely and cybercriminals look to exploit the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
- 30 septembre 2020How to handle cybersecurity amid a tight IT budget
There are ways to maintain and even enhance your security posture even when your tech budget is under stress, according to Kaspersky.
- 29 septembre 2020FBI says hackers want to stoke doubt about the 2020 election
In a PSA on Monday, the FBI and CISA warned about the potential for widespread disinformation campaigns in the run-up to November.
- 29 septembre 2020How to handle security risks in a hybrid work environment
Half of the organizations surveyed by Tessian were hit by a security incident while employees were working remotely. Here are some tips for mitigation.
- 28 septembre 20205 more things to know about ransomware
Ransomware continues to be a cybersecurity threat. Tom Merritt lists five additional things to know about ransomware.
- 28 septembre 20205 more things to know about ransomware
Ransomware attacks are getting more expensive, which is one reason why you should have an incident response plan. Tom Merritt provides more information about this cybersecurity threat.
- 28 septembre 2020Google removes 17 Android apps designed to deploy Joker malware
The Joker malware has been a persistent thorn in Google’s side as it keeps popping up in shady apps to infect users of the Google Play store.
- 28 septembre 2020Cybersecurity: How to properly perform vulnerability assessments in your organization
Assessing the security posture of devices is an important part of securing data and communications. Follow these steps to make sure you do it correctly.
- 1 octobre 2020Twitter removes 130 Iranian accounts for trying to disrupt the US Presidential Debate
Twitter says it removed the accounts following a tip from the FBI.
- 30 septembre 2020North Korea has tried to hack 11 officials of the UN Security Council
New UN Security Council report reveals repeated targeting of UN Security Council officials over the past year.
- 30 septembre 2020Windows XP leak confirmed after user compiles the leaked code into a working OS
The Windows XP source code that leaked last week is incomplete, lacking some components, but is authentic.
- 30 septembre 2020GitHub rolls out new Code Scanning security feature to all users
New Code Scanning feature will tell GitHub users when they’ve added known security flaws in their code
- 30 septembre 2020Linkury adware caught distributing full-blown malware
Linkury (SafeFinder) installations linked to infections with the Socelars and Kpot infostealer trojans.
- 30 septembre 2020$15 million business email scam campaign in the US exposed
The FBI is investigating the global campaign in which millions of dollars have been stolen from at least 150 victims.
- 30 septembre 2020This worm phishing campaign is a game-changer in password theft, account takeovers
The security incident highlights the need for multi-factor authentication in the enterprise.
- 29 septembre 2020Twitter hires new CISO in industry veteran Rinki Sethi
Sethi previously served in security roles at Rubrik, IBM, Palo Alto Networks, Intuit, and eBay.
- 29 septembre 2020Microsoft: Some ransomware attacks take less than 45 minutes
Microsoft goes over the recent malware trends in its new « Digital Defense Report. »
- 29 septembre 2020Nevada school district refuses to submit to ransomware blackmail, hacker publishes student data
Thousands of students have reportedly had their private data released online.
Cyber defense magazine