- 2 février 2023Cybersecurity and privacy tips you can teach your 5+-year-old
Everything we teach our kids starts at home—we parents are their first teachers, after all. So, why wait for them to start going to school to start learning about cybersecurity and online privacy? Though it’s hardly news that more and more children are being introduced to mobile computing devices like tablets, smartphones, and laptops at an early age, you may be surprised at what that a …
- 1 février 2023Ransomware in December 2022
Malwarebytes Threat Intelligence builds a monthly picture of ransomware activity by monitoring the information published by ransomware gangs on their dark web leak sites. This information represents victims who were successfully attacked but opted not to pay a ransom. Lockbit has rebounded from its unusual fall from grace in November, snatching the title of the month’s worst ransomware, back from …
- 1 février 2023Malwarebytes earns AV-TEST Top Product awards for fifth consecutive quarter
AV-TEST, a leading independent tester of cybersecurity solutions, has just ranked Malwarebytes as a Top Product for consumers and businesses for the fifth quarter in a row. Every two months, experts at AV-Test evaluate Windows antivirus software across three categories: Protection against malware infections such as viruses, worms or Trojan horses. Performance or the average influence of the produc …
- 1 février 2023GitHub revokes several certificates after unauthorized access
In a call to action, GitHub warned users of GitHub Desktop for Mac and Atom that it will revoke certificates which were exposed during unauthorized access to a set of repositories used in the planning and development of GitHub Desktop and Atom. Revoking these certificates will invalidate some versions of GitHub Desktop for Mac and Atom. Mitigation Users of GitHub Desktop for Mac and Atom will need …
- 1 février 2023Up to 10 million people potentially impacted by JD Sports breach
We’re at the start of February, and news of breaches keeps on coming. In this case, though, while the news that 10 million JD Sports customers may have been impacted by a cyber attack has only just arrived, the data potentially accessed in that attack is already several years old. The danger zone If you made an online purchase from some of the companies that are owned by JD Sports betwe …
- 1 février 2023How to protect your business from supply chain attacks
Threat actors know that attacking the supply chain is not just a smart strategy but also a winning one. When American store Target found a Trojan designed to steal card details on its POS (point-of-sale) systems in 2013, no one expected that the route into its secure environment was its heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) supplier, Fazio Mechanical Services. Because a smaller, less s …
- 31 janvier 202340% of online shops tricking users with “dark patterns”
The European Commission has been looking at retail websites to see if they’re misleading consumers with « dark patterns ». Spoiler: Yes, they are. The Commission, along with the national consumer protection authorities of 23 EU member states, plus Norway and Iceland, have released the results of their screening of online shops. In a sweep of 399 sites the investigation discovered that 148 of them co …
- 31 janvier 2023Google sponsored ads malvertising targets password manager
We have recently written about malvertising campaigns that leverage Google paid advertisements to try and trick people into downloading malware instead of the software they were looking for. This malware then stole login credentials from the affected system. Now, our researchers found that the malvertising campaigns via Google Ads are not just about software downloads and scams. They also include …
- 30 janvier 2023Analyzing and remediating a malware infested T95 TV box from Amazon
A couple of weeks ago, security news outlets made their rounds reporting on an Android TV box available on Amazon that came pre-installed with malware. The findings came from a Canadian developer, Daniel Milisic, who posted on his GitHub. What Daniel found was an Android T95 TV box infected with malware right out of the box! Immediately, I recognized some of the apps that put up red flags, such as …
- 30 janvier 2023Riot Games refuses to pay ransom to avoid League of Legends leak
After confirming threat actors were able to steal some of its code, Riot Games has also revealed that it received a ransom email from its attacker. The attackers demanding $10 million to stop them leaking source code from League of Legend’s and other games. Riot’s reply? Today, we received a ransom email. Needless to say, we won’t pay.While this attack disrupted our build environme …
- 1 février 2023Less is more: Conquer your digital clutter before it conquers you
Lose what you don’t use and other easy ways to limit your digital footprint and strengthen your online privacy and security
The post Less is more: Conquer your digital clutter before it conquers you appeared first on WeLiveSecurity
- 31 janvier 2023ESET APT Activity Report T3 2022
An overview of the activities of selected APT groups investigated and analyzed by ESET Research in T3 2022
- 27 janvier 2023Are you in control of your personal data? – Week in security with Tony Anscombe
Data Privacy Week is a reminder to protect your data – all year round. Here are three privacy-boosting habits you can start today. The post Are you in control of your personal data? – Week in security with Tony Anscombe appeared first on WeLiveSecurity …
- 27 janvier 2023SwiftSlicer: New destructive wiper malware strikes Ukraine
Sandworm continues to conduct attacks against carefully chosen targets in the war-torn country
The post SwiftSlicer: New destructive wiper malware strikes Ukraine appeared first on WeLiveSecurity
- 26 janvier 2023Why your data is more valuable than you may realize
The data trail you leave behind whenever you’re online is bigger – and more revealing – than you may think
The post Why your data is more valuable than you may realize appeared first on WeLiveSecurity
- 25 janvier 2023Mastodon vs. Twitter: Know the differences
Looking for an alternative to Twitter and thinking about joining the folks flocking to Mastodon? Here’s how the two platforms compare to each other.
- 24 janvier 20235 valuable skills your children can learn by playing video games
Gaming can help your children build and sharpen a range of life skills that will stand them in good stead in the future
The post 5 valuable skills your children can learn by playing video games appeared first on WeLiveSecurity
- 23 janvier 2023Hybrid play: Leveling the playing field in online video gaming and beyond
Does VALORANT’s approach to cheating signal a turning point in how we deal with the continued hacks afflicting our hybrid world of work and play? The post Hybrid play: Leveling the playing field in online video gaming and beyond appeared first on WeLiveSecurity …
- 20 janvier 2023Ransomware payments down 40% in 2022 – Week in security with Tony Anscombe
Ransomware revenue plunges to $456 million in 2022 as more victims refuse to pay up. Here’s what to make of the trend. The post Ransomware payments down 40% in 2022 – Week in security with Tony Anscombe appeared first on WeLiveSecurity …
- 19 janvier 2023Tech support scammers are still at it: Here’s what to look out for in 2023
Hello, is it me you’re looking for? Fraudsters still want to help you ‘fix’ a computer problem you never had in the first place. The post Tech support scammers are still at it: Here’s what to look out for in 2023 appeared first on WeLiveSecurity …
- 12 janvier 2023ESET PROTECT Cloud 4.1 has been released
ESET PROTECT Cloud 4.1 has been released.
- 11 janvier 2023ESET Security Management Center version 7.2 in End of Life
To upgrade your ESET product, perform an in-product upgrade or download the most recent version of ESET PROTECT.
- 22 décembre 2022ESET Inspect version 1.9.2404.0 has been released
ESET Inspect version 1.9.2404.0 has been released and is available to download.
- 10 novembre 2022ESET PROTECT 10.0 has been released
ESET PROTECT 10.0 has been released.
- 7 novembre 2022ESET PROTECT Cloud 4.0 has been released
ESET PROTECT Cloud 4.0 has been released.
- 24 octobre 2022ESET Cyber Security and Cyber Security Pro 6.11.404.0 with support of macOS 13 Ventura have been released
ESET Cyber Security and Cyber Security Pro version 6.11.404.0 have been released and are available to download.
- 17 octobre 2022ESET Inspect and ESET Inspect Cloud version 1.8.2211.0 has been released
ESET Inspect version 1.8.2211.00 has been released and is available to download.
- 13 octobre 2022ESET MSP Administrator 2 hot-fix release is planned for October 12, 2022
The release is scheduled for 9:00 CEST, no outage expected.
- 3 octobre 2022ESET MSP Administrator 2 service release is planned for October 4, 2022
The release is scheduled for 9:00 CEST and can cause up to a one-hour outage of the ESET MSP Administrator login service.
- 29 septembre 2022ESET Direct Endpoint Management plugin for Kaseya VSA 1.1 has been released
ESET Direct Endpoint Management plugin for Kaseya VSA 1.1 service release has been released and is available to download.