- 8 août 2022KMSpico explained: No, KMS is not "kill Microsoft"
Thanks to Pieter Arntz and the Threat Intelligence Team who contributed to the research. A hack tool is a program that allows users to activate software even without a legitimate, purchased key. Hack tools are often used to root devices in order to (among others) remove barriers that stop users from using apps from other markets. This is why the term “hack tool” is often interchan …
- 7 août 2022A week in security (August 1 – August 7)
Last week on Malwarebytes Labs: Have we lost the fight for data privacy? Lock and Code S03E16 Wrestling star Mick Foley’s Twitter compromised, selling PS5 consoles Millions of Arris routers are vulnerable to path traversal attacks When a sextortion victim fights back How to protect yourself and your kids against device theft For months, JusTalk messages were accessible to everyone on the Int …
- 7 août 2022Patch now! Cisco VPN routers are vulnerable to remote control
Cisco has released a security advisory about several vulnerabilities in the Cisco Small Business RV series routers, covering the RV160, RV260, RV340, and RV345. There are no workarounds available that address these vulnerabilities, so you need to patch. Vulnerabilities The vulnerabilities are dependent on one another—exploitation of one of the vulnerabilities may be required to exploit anoth …
- 7 août 2022Phishy calls and emails play on energy cost increase fears
Gas and electricity price concerns are rife at the moment, with spiralling costs and bigger increases waiting down the line. Sadly this makes the subject valuable material for fraudsters, playing into people’s fears with a dash of social engineering to make them worse off than they were previously. Warnings abound of several energy / cost of living-themed scams doing the rounds. Shall we take a lo …
- 4 août 2022Ransomware review: July 2022
Malwarebytes Threat Intelligence builds a monthly picture of ransomware activity by monitoring the information published by ransomware gangs on their Dark Web leak sites. This information represents victims who were successfully attacked but opted not to pay a ransom. In July, LockBit maintained the place it has occupied all year as the most active ransomware variant. Notably, BlackBasta, a relati …
- 4 août 2022Ransomware protection with Malwarebytes EDR: Your FAQs, answered!
We get a few questions about ransomware protection and how our Endpoint Detection and Response software can protect you from ransomware. In this post, our security experts answer some of your most frequently asked questions about ransomware and how our EDR can help—let’s get started. Q: When considering an EDR solution, what anti-ransomware features should I be looking for? Adam K …
- 3 août 2022Woody RAT: A new feature-rich malware spotted in the wild
This blog post was authored by Ankur Saini and Hossein Jazi The Malwarebytes Threat Intelligence team has identified a new Remote Access Trojan we are calling Woody Rat that has been in the wild for at least one year. This advanced custom Rat is mainly the work of a threat actor that targets Russian entities by using lures in archive file format and more recently Office documents leveraging the Fo …
- 3 août 2022Bank fraud scammers trick victims with claims of bogus Zelle transfers
It pays to be careful where cold calls from someone claiming to work for your bank are concerned. Scam callers are impersonating bank staff, with suggestions of dubious payments made to your account. One unfortunate individual has already lost around $1,000 to this slice of telephone-banking based fraud. With a little press intervention they were lucky enough to get it back. Sadly most people don’ …
- 3 août 2022NetStandard attack should make Managed Service Providers sit up and take notice
Managed Service Providers (MSPs), organizations that allow companies to outsource a variety of IT and security functions, are a growing market. Because they are a potential gateway to lots of company networks they make a very attractive target for cybercriminals. In a recent threat advisory Huntress noticed that an increasing number of Initial Access Brokers (IAB) are focusing on MSPs. In a recent …
- 3 août 2022FCC warns of steep rise in phishing over SMS
After the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) made a huge splash weeks ago when it told Google and Apple to pull TikTok from their respective app stores, the federal agency is now warning Americans of an increased wave of SMS phishing attacks. SMS phishing, otherwise known as smishing or robotexts (FCC’s own terminology), is a form of phishing that attempts to trick people into …
- 9 août 2022How to check if your PC has been hacked, and what to do next
Has your PC been hacked? Whatever happens, don’t panic. Read on for ten signs your PC has been hacked and handy tips on how to fix it.
The post How to check if your PC has been hacked, and what to do next appeared first on WeLiveSecurity
- 5 août 2022Develop a zero‑trust environment to protect your organization – Week in security with Tony Anscombe
Learn the basics of zero-trust, and how building a zero-trust environment can protect your organization. The post Develop a zero‑trust environment to protect your organization – Week in security with Tony Anscombe appeared first on WeLiveSecurity …
- 4 août 2022Don’t get singed by scammers while you’re carrying the torch for Tinder
Are you on Tinder? With 75 million monthly active users, you might be able to find the right one. However there are also traps you need to look out for. Read more about catfishing, sextortion, phishing and other practices used by scammers. The post Don’t get singed by scammers while you’re carrying the torch for Tinder appeared first on WeLiveSecurity …
- 2 août 2022Start as you mean to go on: the top 10 steps to securing your new computer
Whether you are getting ready for back-to-school season, getting new work laptop or fancying a new gamer’s pc, learn the steps to protect your new PC from cyberthreats. The post Start as you mean to go on: the top 10 steps to securing your new computer appeared first on WeLiveSecurity …
- 29 juillet 2022Music streaming platform victim of a crypto theft – Week in security with Tony Anscombe
Cybercriminals exploited a vulnerability to steal the equivalent of 18M$ from the NFT music streaming platform Audius, while other cyberthreats related to crypto makes the news. The post Music streaming platform victim of a crypto theft – Week in security with Tony Anscombe appeared first on WeLiveSecurity …
- 29 juillet 2022Staying safe online: How to browse the web securely
Learn to spot some of the threats that you can face while browsing online, and the best tips to stay safe on the web.
The post Staying safe online: How to browse the web securely appeared first on WeLiveSecurity
- 27 juillet 2022Cash App fraud: 10 common scams to watch out for
It pays to be careful – here’s how you can stay safe from fake giveaways, money flipping scams and other cons that fraudsters use to trick payment app users out of their hard-earned cash The post Cash App fraud: 10 common scams to watch out for appeared first on WeLiveSecurity …
- 25 juillet 2022NFT: A new‑fangled trend or also a new‑found treasure?
I’ve created an NFT so you don’t have to – here’s the good, the bad and the intangible of the hot-ticket tokens
The post NFT: A new‑fangled trend or also a new‑found treasure? appeared first on WeLiveSecurity
- 22 juillet 2022macOS malware: myth vs. reality – Week in security with Tony Anscombe
ESET research shows yet again that macOS is not immune to malware and why some users can benefit from Apple’s Lockdown Mode The post macOS malware: myth vs. reality – Week in security with Tony Anscombe appeared first on WeLiveSecurity …
- 20 juillet 2022ESET Research Podcast: Hot security topics at RSA or mostly hype?
Listen to Cameron Camp, Juraj Jánošík, and Filip Mazán discuss the use of machine learning in cybersecurity, followed by Cameron’s insights into the security of medical devices The post ESET Research Podcast: Hot security topics at RSA or mostly hype? appeared first on WeLiveSecurity …
- 3 août 2022ESET PROTECT 188.8.131.52 Hotfix has been released
ESET PROTECT hotfix version 184.108.40.206 has been released and is available to download.
- 27 juillet 2022ESET PROTECT 220.127.116.11 Hotfix has been released
ESET PROTECT hotfix version 18.104.22.168 has been released and is available to download.
- 14 juillet 2022ESET PROTECT 9.1 has been released
ESET PROTECT 9.1 has been released and is available to download. ESET PROTECT version 9.1 is available for on-premises installation.
- 12 juillet 2022Pre-release announcement: ESET MSP Administrator 2 and API hotfix release
ESET MSP Administrator 2 and API hotfix release is planned for July 13, 2022.
- 7 juillet 2022ESET PROTECT Cloud 3.4 has been released
ESET PROTECT Cloud 3.4 has been released
- 16 juin 2022ESET License Administrator End of Life
ESET License Administrator is scheduled to reach End of Life status on June 30, 2022.
- 31 mars 2022ESET PROTECT hotfix version 22.214.171.124 has been released
ESET PROTECT hotfix version 126.96.36.199 has been released and is available to download.
- 28 mars 2022ESET Enterprise Inspector and ESET Dynamic Threat Defense have been renamed
ESET Enterprise Inspector and ESET Enterprise Inspector Cloud version 1.7 and later have been renamed. ESET Dynamic Threat Defense has also been renamed.
- 22 mars 2022ESET MSP Administrator 2 and API service release is postponed
EMA 2 and EMA 2 API service release is planned for March 28, 2022.
- 21 mars 2022ESET Endpoint Antivirus for macOS 7.0 has been released
ESET Endpoint Antivirus for macOS 7.0.7300.0 has been released. See the information to know before upgrading to version 7.