- 1 novembre 2022LinkedIn introduces new security features to combat fake accounts
LinkedIn knows it has a problem with bots and fake accounts, and has acknowledged this on more than one occasion. For years, it has been aware of spam, fake job offers, phishing, fraudulent investments, and (at times) malware, and has been trying to combat those issues. In 2018, LinkedIn rolled out a way to automatically detect fake accounts. It also gave users an inside l …
- 1 novembre 2022Malware on the Google Play store leads to harmful phishing sites
A family of malicious apps from developer Mobile apps Group are listed on Google Play and infected with Android/Trojan.HiddenAds.BTGTHB. In total, four apps are listed, and together they have amassed at least one million downloads. Older versions of these apps have been detected in the past as different variants of Android/Trojan.HiddenAds. Yet, the developer is still …
- 1 novembre 2022Police warn of fake law enforcement arrest warrant calls
Brownsville Police Department is warning about scammers impersonating law enforcement in order to extract money from potential victims. The scam involves pressure from an immediate threat, several ways to extract yourself from this non-existent claim of wrongdoing, and multiple levels of officialdom to scare you into making a wrong move. How the fake warrant call works Calls f …
- 1 novembre 2022Raccoon Stealer admin will be extradited to the US, charged for computer crimes
The US Department of Justice has indicted a Ukrainian national for his involvement in Raccoon Stealer, a noteworthy password-stealing Trojan leased in the underground for criminals to use as part of a malware-as-a-service (MaaS) business model. According to court documents, Mark Sokolovsky, 26, is currently held in the Netherlands under an extradition request from the US government. Dutc …
- 31 octobre 2022Raspberry Robin worm used as ransomware prelude
Raspberry Robin aka Worm.RaspberyRobin started out as an annoying, yet relatively low-profile threat that was often installed via USB drive. First spotted in September 2021, it was typically introduced into a network through infected removable drives, often USB devices. Now the worm has been found to be the foothold for more serious threats like ransomware as laid out in this Microsoft Securi …
- 31 octobre 2022A week in security (October 24 – 30)
Last week on Malwarebytes Labs: Lock and Code: A gym heist in London goes cyber Healthcare site leaks personal health information via Google and Meta tracking pixels An odd kind of cybercrime: Gift vouchers, medical records, and…food Cisco warns of ISE vulnerability with no fixed release or workaround A cyber threat hunter talks about what he’s learned in his 16+ year cybersecurity career …
- 28 octobre 2022A Chrome fix for an in-the-wild exploit is out—Check your version
- 27 octobre 2022What is ransomware-as-a-service and how is it evolving?
Ransomware attacks are becoming more frequent and costlier—breaches caused by ransomware grew 41 percent in the last year, the average cost of a destructive attack rising to $5.12 milllion. What’s more, a good chunk of the cyber criminals doing these attacks operate on a ransomware-as-a-service (RaaS) model. RaaS is not much different, in theory, from the software-as-a-service (SaaS) b …
- 27 octobre 2022Dormant Colors browser hijackers could be used for more nefarious tasks, report says
Researchers from Guardio, a cybersecurity company specializing in web browser protection, recently revealed a campaign involving a trove of popular yet malicious extensions programmed to steal user searches, browsing data, and affiliation to thousands of targeted sites. Nicknamed « Dormant Colors, » this campaign involves at least 30 variants of browser extensions for Chrome and Edge, once available …
- 27 octobre 2022Medibank customers' personal data compromised by cyber attack
Australian health care insurance company Medibank confirmed that the threat actor behind a cyberattack on the company had access to the data of at least 4 million customers. Although Medibank at first said that there was “no evidence that customer data has been accessed,” a week later their investigation shows that the threat actor had access to all Medibank customers …
- 1 décembre 2022Top tips to save energy used by your electronic devices
With the rapidly rising energy prices putting a strain on many households, what are some quick wins to help reduce the power consumption of your gadgets? The post Top tips to save energy used by your electronic devices appeared first on WeLiveSecurity …
- 30 novembre 2022Who’s swimming in South Korean waters? Meet ScarCruft’s Dolphin
ESET researchers uncover Dolphin, a sophisticated backdoor extending the arsenal of the ScarCruft APT group
The post Who’s swimming in South Korean waters? Meet ScarCruft’s Dolphin appeared first on WeLiveSecurity
- 28 novembre 2022RansomBoggs: New ransomware targeting Ukraine
ESET researchers spot a new ransomware campaign that goes after Ukrainian organizations and has Sandworm’s fingerprints all over it
- 25 novembre 2022Spyware posing as VPN apps – Week in security with Tony Anscombe
The Bahamut APT group distributes at least eight malicious apps that pilfer victims’ data and monitor their messages and conversations The post Spyware posing as VPN apps – Week in security with Tony Anscombe appeared first on WeLiveSecurity …
- 25 novembre 2022Know your payment options: How to shop and pay safely this holiday season
‘Tis the season for shopping and if you too are scouting for bargains, make sure to keep your money safe when snapping up those deals The post Know your payment options: How to shop and pay safely this holiday season appeared first on WeLiveSecurity …
- 24 novembre 202210 tips to avoid Black Friday and Cyber Monday scams
It pays not to let your guard down during the shopping bonanza – watch out for some of the most common scams doing the rounds this holiday shopping season The post 10 tips to avoid Black Friday and Cyber Monday scams appeared first on WeLiveSecurity …
- 23 novembre 2022Bahamut cybermercenary group targets Android users with fake VPN apps
Malicious apps used in this active campaign exfiltrate contacts, SMS messages, recorded phone calls, and even chat messages from apps such as Signal, Viber, and Telegram The post Bahamut cybermercenary group targets Android users with fake VPN apps appeared first on WeLiveSecurity …
- 22 novembre 2022Security fatigue is real: Here’s how to overcome it
Do your employees take more risks with valuable data because they’ve become desensitized to security guidance? Spot the symptoms before it’s too late. The post Security fatigue is real: Here’s how to overcome it appeared first on WeLiveSecurity …
- 18 novembre 2022Latest insights on APT activity – Week in security with Tony Anscombe
What have some of the world’s most notorious APT groups been up to lately? A new ESET report released this week has the answers. The post Latest insights on APT activity – Week in security with Tony Anscombe appeared first on WeLiveSecurity …
- 10 novembre 2022ESET PROTECT 10.0 has been released
ESET PROTECT 10.0 has been released.
- 7 novembre 2022ESET PROTECT Cloud 4.0 has been released
ESET PROTECT Cloud 4.0 has been released.
- 24 octobre 2022ESET Cyber Security and Cyber Security Pro 6.11.404.0 with support of macOS 13 Ventura have been released
ESET Cyber Security and Cyber Security Pro version 6.11.404.0 have been released and are available to download.
- 17 octobre 2022ESET Inspect and ESET Inspect Cloud version 1.8.2211.0 has been released
ESET Inspect version 1.8.2211.00 has been released and is available to download.
- 13 octobre 2022ESET MSP Administrator 2 hot-fix release is planned for October 12, 2022
The release is scheduled for 9:00 CEST, no outage expected.
- 3 octobre 2022ESET MSP Administrator 2 service release is planned for October 4, 2022
The release is scheduled for 9:00 CEST and can cause up to a one-hour outage of the ESET MSP Administrator login service.
- 29 septembre 2022ESET Direct Endpoint Management plugin for Kaseya VSA 1.1 has been released
ESET Direct Endpoint Management plugin for Kaseya VSA 1.1 service release has been released and is available to download.
- 26 septembre 2022ESET PROTECT hotfix version 126.96.36.199 has been released
ESET PROTECT hotfix version 188.8.131.52 has been released and is available to download.
- 12 septembre 2022ESET cloud services maintenance scheduled for September 13, 2022
On Tuesday, September 13 at 9:00 AM CEST, there will be scheduled maintenance and upgrade of various ESET cloud services: ESET Business Account, ESET PROTECT Cloud, ESET MSP Administrator 2, ESET Cloud Office Security, ESET Inspect Cloud. The mentioned services will not be available for up to 4 hours.
- 12 septembre 2022ESET Business Administrator, ESET MSP Administrator 2 and EMA 2 API service release is planned for September 13, 2022
ESET Business Administrator, ESET MSP Administrator 2 and EMA 2 API service release is planned for September 13, 2022.